1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I Have A Right To Be Bitter Still?/I Hate Being So Mature

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Dec 17, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

Ever since February, I've been distrustful of my Mum. This distrust borders on disliking her, but I don't hate her as much as I hate my Dad. I have reasons to dislike her, such as the fact that I was blamed at every turn and she played the sympathy card with her three kids to make me look like a brat. She also dragged one of my sisters who knew nothing about the situation in to make me feel like dirt. I stopped telling her what happened at school and anything personal to me after this, because I DO NOT TRUST HER. However, as I said in my previous post, I made a promise that I'd be better than my parents, and I'm scared my bitterness and hatred will drive me to do something I regret. It feels like I'm holding onto something unhealthy , even if it was 10 months ago. Should I still be feeling like this about my mother?

My Counsellor said she feels for me because I'm intelligent enough to know what's happening and what happened isn't right, but because of my age, there's not much I can do about it. It depresses me because I've always hated horrible people (maybe not "horrible", but bad) getting away with horrible things, and the anger is doubly worse when I'm the one on the receiving end. I'm proud of myself though, because everything I've learned about the world has been in spite of my parents, not because of them. What should I do? Sorry I keep making threads about this, but when the social workers talk to my Dad, I want to make sure I'm making the right decision for me and that I have no regrets.