1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

people keep callig me a girl no idea why

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Akira12, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So one of the authors I'm editing fanfictions for somehow has determined I'm a she and not a he. I've never put in any info on which gender I am and not quit sure how she came up with my gender being female lol. It's not even just her I've been called a female by some people or even had some friends comment to me saying you would be a fantastic woman or is make a great mother and so on. Over emails and the like people have determined I'm female instead of male...is it the way I type or act or something? I honestly don't mind whether they have me as a female or male, just confused as to why they assume I'm a female 7/10 times >_>. If anybody could offer suggestions or somethigb as to why this is happening would be lovely!

2. David21201

hmm... maybe you just come across as a girl. I get called a guy a lot, online and off. Offline I just point to my boobs (pretty big y'know?) and say I was born with 'em'

3. shinji

shinji Guest

The way you write and hold yourself (remembering some of your last threads) is somewhat "passive" and thus people automatically associate this with the "weaker" gender.

Now before anyone bites my head off. I am simply trying to provide an explanation, not saying that it's right or that I actually believe or support this idea. It's simply how the mind of most simple folk works. When we lack information about a certain aspect, we tend to fill in those missing bits of information with what we can assume from what we already know.

4. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've asked a friend of mine who's brutaly honest xD she said that apparently I walk/talk like a girl. Like instead of talking all loud like a man in more quit and delicate is how she put it. Oh well xD

5. iiimee

Well, for different reasons I am called a girl... Y'know, the trans stuff. Alot of my school is transphobic so everyone around me tries to keep pushing me to be "feminine" or "act like your gender." Still, with you the only advice I can tell you is, if you are okay with how you act, don't let them bother you. I have been taking the opportunity I have been given of being born trans to try to open people's minds. I sometimes make it so half of my clothing and make-up is very masculine, half of it is vey feminine. A few people give me glares, but I love teaching people that there's no real border between feminine and masculine when they ask. I tell them how each person has their own style, and it doesn't matter how "feminine" or "masculine" you think they are, it only depends on how they feel internally, and even cisgenders don't have to succumb to a "gender stereotype". ...Yeah, I've been busy lately ^_^ As I said, this is just something I do occansionally when I have the chance.

6. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea I honestly could care less what people assume my gender is lol I'm me and people who don't like it can walk away. I was just trying to figure out why people assume my genders female pretty much all the time lol. Thanks for all the explanations everyone ^_^.

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well funny thing is, few years ago, back in my "drag days" (before I knew I was FTM), I'd been mistaken for a guy a few times online. And I didn't have a picture or anything. Figured it was just how I wrote or something.

Hate to be that guy but typically, most men and women tend to write/speak differently. Most other guys I've observed get to the point sooner. Women, tend to use longer sentences, more emoticons, etc.

8. Sam I Am

Also, isn't the fanfiction community overwhelmingly female? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

9. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No it mostly is I think so there is that. Today though a young lady said happy holidays ladies and saw me but then again I was shaved and my hair is all curled with the natural curls and my moms face lol I blame her genes for it xD.