1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

attracted to people I was never attracted to before...? Why?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shakti, Dec 18, 2014.

1. shakti

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi There,

So I'm a lady married to a man. But I have recently realized that I am bi-sexual. I knew that I was since I was a young teen but I was never sure until about a year and a half ago when I had my first experience with a girl. (i'm in a poly relationship) Since then I have slowly been coming to terms with it and allowing myself to open up a bit. But the weird thing is, is now I'm more attracted to women than I am to men. I'm still somewhat attracted to men, but am mostly interested in girls. And now I'm starting to look at girls that I never had crushes on before as attractive and I'm becoming more interested in them.

So my question is, am I slowly turning into a lesbian? Is that possible? Am I maybe making this up in my head? How am I more attracted to women now than I ever was before? And how am I seeing people I've know for a while, who I never thought of as attractive, as more attractive now?

I'm not really sure whats going on in my body, but is it possible for someone to turn from being straight to gay?

#1 shakti, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Its possible you were bi all along, opening up to the idea...
    its possible you are attracted to persons, needing an emotional connection first...

and there are differences in relationships with women and men...

I'd say relax... enjoy... and see where it takes you.

(*hug*)

3. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    It doesn't mean you are turning into a lesbian. I remember that when I realized that I was queer I started becoming way more interested in guys for a while. But now, I swing back and forth depending on the day.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I knew I was bisexual since my teens, but only after real experiences I stopped feeling ashamed and insecure. It's normal you are looking more at women now, just a sign that you enjoyed it and want more. Nothing wrong with it. Also sexuality changes over a lifetime. My fantasies and preferences have changed, and keep changing, along with my personal tastes and so on. I think it's normal, maybe even a good sign of mental health.

5. Adam1969

I find that as I become more comfortable identifying as gay I am attracted to a larger variety of men than when I thought of myself as bisexual. I don't believe its a change in who I'm attracted to. It simply feels as though options are available now that were not available before. So for me... more understanding on my part + more acceptance + a world full of cute guys = more options! Its been a very surprising process for me and actually very liberating! (&&&)

6. shakti

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally feel liberated! Thanks for your input all!