1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he know?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by luckrunningout7, Dec 19, 2014.

1. luckrunningout7

So theres this guy(well call him A). A treats me wierd. Im almost 100% sure hes straight. So thats why it bothers me the way he treats me. From the day ive met him, hes always called me buddy and will say hi to me. I used to think, that he figured i had no friends, and since hes nice he was just taking pity on me. The problem is I have many friends. It didnt really bother me until now. Last week he ran his finger in my hair, and since im really shy around cute guys (im sure i blushed a little) I turned around and asked him what he was doing. he never answered. Hes done other things like this like put his hand on my back, or my shoulder while passing by, and im not sure what but he did something else that confused me also.Im not here to see if he's interested, I just wanna know why he does this. Does he know im gay, does he do it for the reaction, or does he just do it because he thinks im lonely. Please help me im not good at being socially, and i probably have blushed a little, and its really embarrassing.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

You can't be 100% sure of any person's sexuality, when in fact most people aren't certain of this themselves at this age. It really comes down to what you personally want to come out of this situation. Do you want him as a friend or a boyfriend or just want to end this.

I would advise you to be more touchy feely with him, in the same way he is to you, if you decide that you actually want something to happen. And then later down the road come out to him (without telling him how you feel for him) and see how he takes it.

If you are not interested in him, I would just confront him directly about why he does this, underlining that you aren't necessarily bothered (even if you are) but are curious as to his motives for acting this way. Make sure to not describe it as being weird.

I had a touchy-feely friend once, was almost 100% sure he was gay and into me, but it turns out he was not and I was basically projecting my own emotions onto our friendship and seeing stuff that wasn't necessarily there, over analyzing the situation.

You need to look at this from both your perspective and that of this person. Do you think you can explain his behavior with "just being friendly" or do you actually think he likes you. When would you see yourself doing the same if you were in his situation?

3. lilrocket

Running fingers through hair definitely seems flirty. What makes you sure he's straight? It would seem like he acts that way because he's interested, but, that is only going off what you've said here.

4. luckrunningout7

ive been on his FB before and seen him and some other girl in their bathing suits. I dont know if their related. Idk i guess i just figured, since he acts straight and seems like hes attracted to girls.