1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girl asked for my number??

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MerBear, Dec 21, 2014.

1. MerBear

So i met this girl emylie, and while i was working she asked for my number.

we hung out, and something struck me about her. she was beautiful, but more than that. i don't know what it is...but she's wonderful...and i want to get to know her more. the thing about it is, is that she says she likes me ...but she's engaged to this girl, and i kind of feel like that's not right...

I do like her a bit, but i don't want to get my feelings ahead of me you know? ...she's engaged, and i don't know if i can trust her enough to let myself like her more than i already do. I don't want her to be going back, and forth with me and this girl she's engaged with. if she truly does love her, i don't want to screw that up. but she says she likes me and everything...but should i trust her on that?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why do you want to like her more? She's engaged. Wether she likes you or not, chances are her fiancée doesn't not know. Either just let it go now, or tell her you don't want to get involved with an engaged woman. That gives her the option of who to choose.

Besides being morally wrong, you don't want to be attacked by a very pissed off woman. Unless I'm missing something?

3. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Well, shes betraying the person that shes engaged to, assuming that they've agreed to exclusivity. I think generally speaking when a couple gets married thats a safe assumption to make.

Unless she offers further explanation (shes going to break off or has broken off the engagement, for example) I wouldnt consider her a safe bet. Even if I WAS ok with it, you'd also be hurting another person indirectly if you get involved even tho you know shes engaged.

I personally dont think anyone is worth that.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

If she's engaged, she's not even worth your mental energy. either she is not interested in you in that way, in which case it ain't going anywhere anyway; or she is interested in you in that way, and you don't want to be wasting your time with someone who breaks her promises so easily. if she's engaged and she would cheat on her fiancee, then you know that you definitely CAN'T trust her. you are a young, eligible woman and there are lots of other women out there for you to get to know. forget about the ones who are already taken, IMHO (&&&)

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can recall once, a woman I had been friends with, and had had a few sexual dalliances with (it's complicated; her own bf had cheated on her, and I suspect she had subconsciously used me to sort of 'get even' with him; but even then I would never do the somewhat tame things I did with her back then, now; it was still wrong, cos she was still officially with him at the time, yes I'm ashamed but I was much younger, in a lot of pain, and not as moral or wise as I am now), anyway there came this day when she informed me, "***** has proposed to me, and I've accepted" [marriage] and I replied, "well I guess our little dalliances [or words to that effect] are over, then" and she said coquettishly, "I wouldn't say that..." And at that moment, I kind of lost my respect for her...I mean, she was engaged to be married now, fgs...and still was willing to sort of have a bit of sexual fun on the side, still? I can recall relating this to another woman friend of mine, who said "if this is how she treats her current bf, she would eventually treat you the same one day, too". It all petered out after that anyway, as I was no longer comfortable engaging in any sexual activity after her engagement, not even so much as a kiss.

6. PurpleDude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    going into this knowing she's engaged, what happens if you get serious with her and she just goes back to her fiance?

I was in a similar situation, without knowing I was though. some years ago I was dating a co-worker, as it turned out she had a fiance I never knew about. I never did get all the details, one day I turned up at work and started hearing gossip. my supervisor took me to the side and gave me the news that she'd gotten married over the weekend (he had known about us all along and felt that I deserved to know). after finding out I was just a fling she was having on the side, she never attempted to give me any kind of explanation or apologize. we I never spoke again other than a polite hello if we passed by each other at work.

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

we all have to know ourselves, and I know that I would develop an emotional attachment, or in other words I would fall in love. And then that would really hurt. just don't go there.

8. MerBear

She keeps flirting with me, she'll kiss me on the cheek, says she wishes she could sleep with me, and btw she's 17. And they hadn't dated even a year yet. Just saying so ...

I'm respecting her engagement. I'm not flirting back. But she is?

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you wanna sleep with her? I mean she'll probably be 18 soon.

10. WallWeed

The morality concerning messing with an engaged girl aside, if she's willing to cheat on her fiancé, there's no stopping her cheating on you in the future. Stay away!

11. Wildside

Wildside Guest

seems like she is kind of young to have a fiancee. so maybe that's a commitment that she isn't really ready for. Just tell her the truth. tell her that you are interested in her, if that is the case, but that you don't believe in cheating and you won't sleep with someone else's fiancee, but if her circumstances change, then she should let you know. That way, you'll know your not hurting her fiancee if you sleep with this girl, if she breaks it off someday. but you do know that she will cheat on you. that may or may not matter to you. you could also ask to meet her riancee, and knowing her as a person may make it easier for you to avoid this girl's advances. and of course, I wouldn't do anything with her until she is 18!