1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birthday Present?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GreyRose, Dec 21, 2014.

1. GreyRose

Okay, so, long story short, I have a gigantic crush on a lovely lady (who is also bisexual). Her birthday is in a few months, so I'm planning on getting her a birthday present full of her favorite things! (Plus an inside-jokey card.)

I need help on the decision of whether or not to tell her I "like" her when I give her this present. I really don't want to, as if she said no, our friendship would manage to be more awkward than it already is. I don't want to mess that up.

I dunno. Can some of you please help me make the decision? Feel free to ask questions about it if that would help.

Thank you! Please help me ;-;

(Maybe I should just put, "P.S. I LIKE YOUR FACE." at the bottom of the card.)

2. shinji

shinji Guest

If the birthday is in several months, then I'd personally work on making your feelings clear to her and seeing where things go. Only after that, can you worry about the present.

- from personal experience, prepared a present for a guy I liked, we "broke up" few weeks ago and his birthday is yet to come. It's really quite an awkward situation that I strongly advise for you to try your best to avoid.

As for the present itself, well... get some hints from her about what she likes and expects, then get her something completely different that would be even more amazing. The surprise alone would make her appreciate your gesture. No one really wants, what they say they want. It makes the whole "presents" thing, not as personal as it should be.