1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't find a shelter that's willing to take me T_T

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Dec 22, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's almost time to leave and I still can't find a shelter , I did get counseling but I went to the women's domestic place today and the woman said even though my situation is very bad and unhealthy . I can't stay in the women's shelter and I should just go to a homeless shelter . They said either I have to be hit in the same day I called them and things have to be really bad and the fact that I got attacked months ago doesn't count . So I'm feeling a bit disappointed and Plus it doesn't help that I quit my job a few days ago. I'm currently looking for another .
    I also called another one and got turned down for the same reason it just seems like i can't find an women's shelter to go into and they keep telling me that because I don't get abused all the time and it's been months and I"m only experiencing emotional and physiological trauma it doesn't count and I have to come in there with a black eye in order to get a room .

I feel like now I get why women who get abused don't go to women's shelter or dvc shelters because it's a pain and sometimes you plan you're escape only to be told you have to go on a waiting list or be rejected because you didn't leave on the day you got punched in the face . I just feel so sad and upset because I don't know what to do and I'm going nuts and I feel like I just got left by the waste side .
    I worked so hard to leave and plan to leave only to get told that I'm going to be rejected . Right now I'm just focusing on getting a job to replace the one I quit so I called several temp agencies . I'm just so sad and upset .

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh! (*hug*)

Weren't u going to live with your cousin?

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah but I was hoping that I could get some independence first and job help .:icon_sad:
    I can't cook or do many things and I feel like a huge failure

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First of all you're not a failure. Second off is there any job around his place that u can find? Even like a simple job like a waitress or a grocery store?

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There is a waitress job but I wasn't too good at that in the past . :icon_sad:

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well do you think u could give it another shot?

7. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

I don't want you to be stressed and feel hopeless and like you're at your wit's end any more. So, I think you should live under your cousin's good graces, and just take any job you can find (barring illegal & 'bad' ones, that is).

I know it sucks, but the only way to get yourself into another job that fits better and not be a burden on your cousin (I hate to put it that way, it's not exactly what I mean...but do you know what I'm saying?) is to probably take that waitressing job or whatever, crash at cousin's place, and look fast & hard for something better suited for you.

Anything is better than homelessness. :/

I'll keep you in my prayers. *big hugs*

*adding here that I don't know your background/backstory, but it sounds truly awful. I'm sorry

8. David21201

That sucks...they shouldn't deny you...
    Im with Andrew give waitressing another shot

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I think he's right . I'll give it a try in the mean time I'm still looking for other jobs .
    I just feel so bad because the lady at the lgbt center worked so hard to find me these places it just sucks .

10. White Knight

Think of waitress job for a step. You might meet someone there who can help you find a better job while you earn a bit of money... beats the sitting at home and worrying.

Sorry you can't find a shelter like you wanted but crashing with your cousin also prove some benefits.

Your first and foremost thought should be survival which means there is very little room for you to be picky. Just for the time being take what life throws at you and count your blessings.

And that cooking thing... every idiot in the world can cook somethings. Some need more practise and more burned food in the way.

We... I might not offer any other thing than words but keep in mind we are keeping you in our thoughts/prayers and love you no matter what.(*hug*)

11. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep us updated, stocking.

(*hug*)

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (*hug*) Thanks dude
    I'm just not sure how I'm gonna tell everyone though this is gonna be hard .

---------- Post added 24th Dec 2014 at 12:14 AM ----------

I will I'll repost here to update you guys .(*hug*)