1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts about self harm, HELP???

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Anonymous, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Anonymous

So I put this one other place, and I doubt that's going to be seen. So I've been talking about cutting a lot so far in this week, and I feel like starting to do it for fun, and I know I shouldn't. I'll try the rubber band trick, but it might not work. Someone... PLEASE HELP???!!!

2. please don't hurt yourself, I know urges and triggers are hard but do your best and distract yourself because its just going to bring more darkness... I know from experience. you seem lovely and although things may be tough in your life, you can get though it and there's a ton of friends here to help you too! just please don't hurt the wonderful being that is yourself :slight_smile:

3. AsheTheHuman

Talk to me okay? Why do you want to cut?

4. Anonymous

Most of the times when I talk to people about certain topics (bronies, cutting, etc) I sometimes end up being, or doing, these things, but I know deep inside that I cannot do this. That and a few of my friends do it as well. I usually can't get things out of my mind when I do talk about these things. So then when that happens it drives me to doing it. That I guess is a secondary reason, the other one is I really want to bleed for some insane reason. The main reason is there is so many jerks in my school, one of my teachers obviously hates my guts (she points me and my friends out in front of the WHOLE class), and then all of a sudden old friends are turning on me.

5. AsheTheHuman

I know what that's like. Having friends turn on you, I mean. I lost all but one when I came out as trans.

6. I'm so sorry you have to go though all of this, its truly awful I know. when you do it though, does it bring you fufillment, or help you? like what does it make you feel (not that its good, but sometimes you can do other things to replicate those feelings that aren't as detrimental to your health). you might want to seek help if it gets any worse, which I really hope it doesn't. you can overcome this, I promise. just keep swimming haha :slight_smile:

7. Anonymous

I still have to come out to tons of people for that. Luckily I know what crowd in my school is accepting, and what crowd is just full of jerks (a.k.a. the popular kids) yeah I'm a reject in my school. More annoyingly I don't want to go to the counselors to tell her, mainly because I'd have to tell her all my secrets. That is something I really don't want to do.

#7 Anonymous, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  8. AsheTheHuman

I'm a bit of an outcast myself. But not here. Here, we're friends, okay?

9. Alive

Cutting is never worth it. If u want blood draw fake cuts with red pen. Or put food coloring in ice cubes and hold them in your hand. If you want pain you can try a hot shower or hitting your hand on a table.

I used to be a cutter so I knw all about coping and avoiding it.

Good luck. Message me if you want.

10. Anonymous

Well on a downside to the point made by Alive my red pen is being annoying, I don't have red food dye (right now I need to buy other stuff besides food dye), and last it's near midnight so everyone in my house is asleep.

#10 Anonymous, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  11. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take it from a former self-harmer: It's addictive! So don't even start because stopping will be hard, and will take lots of self control and discipline. I haven't harmed in over 3 years and I know that if I should relapse now, it will be even harder to stop a second time.

I harmed out of boredom, when I was sad, angry, lonely, or when I "needed a fix". And now I'm stuck with the scars.

So just don't do it! Find an alternative outlet. (*hug*)

12. I'm_Danni_x

Distractions and Alternatives to Self-Harm | Sirius Project
    Self-harm coping tips and distractions - TheSite.org
    Try these links for alternatives instead of self harming. Things may be a little difficult but they are temporary. You really don't want horrible permanent marks/scars on your arms that you'll feel guilty of and have to cover up all the time. Please talk to someone when you have these thoughts, either on here or a friend from your area or try the alternatives. You're an amazing person, there's no need to do this. I've self harmed and its left me with scars that I hate. I wish I never did it. Feel better soon :slight_smile:

You can message me too if you need to talk about anything or just to vent. I'm all open :slight_smile:

#12 I'm_Danni_x, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  13. Anonymous

Great... the urge is back, and stronger. At least I can still control myself.

14. Anonymous

On a good note I haven't cut, on a bad note taking a hot shower isn't satisfying the type of pain I want to feel.

#14 Anonymous, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2021
  15. Anonymous

I haven't been 100% honest, or I haven't mentioned it... I used to cut, and I stopped. My friends know of the urge, and they are saying if I start, they'll start. I really don't want them hurting themselves, and if you want to know the reason I used to cut, I'll tell you. A month before I left for my sisters wedding was a really dark time... many people were jerks to me, and I had less friends than I do now. I was a complete outcast... I wanted to fit in, but I knew I never would. I now know that's okay. I didn't even tell my girlfriend about it, I didn't even tell my best friend who's always been there for me. I didn't even want to tell my own family. I found a way to lessen the look of my scars, so that I could stop having my sleeves down all the time. I had also just lost my closest friends, because of my girlfriend and him hating each other. By the time I had stopped I had realized I had really messed up. I hadn't told even my closest friends until Monday of this week. That's my story, sorry if I triggered anyone to cut.

#15 Anonymous, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
  16. AsheTheHuman

Thanks for telling us the rest of the story. I know it's not easy. And don't be sorry. Anyone who clicks this thread should know the risks. (*hugs*)

17. Anonymous

Thanks, I almost started cutting out of self pity, so I took a break. Went outside on this dreary day where I am.

18. indiqo

the link is excellent. also I'm here too ^^