1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Becoming 'myself' again?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Tabb, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Tabb

Hey. So when I was little, I used to be pretty loud and uncaring of whatever others thought of me. I had no trouble expressing my opinion or being loud and having fun. Over time, lots of family died and I began to become more conscious of people making fun of me and stuff, and I think my personality really died.

I'm really struggling shrugging off that self-consciousness now, and it's hurting me big-time because I want to start a YouTube channel.

Does anyone have any advices, please?

2. annylane90

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    hey there!
    heres what i had happen to me, that maybe can help u, generally i dont like to talk about myself as an example but i dont know how else to phrase it or how else to give u the feeling that ure not entirely alone.
    i grew up in a conservative environment- and im not part of the society here, im a foreigner, so there is some excuse to me being a black sheep- sort to speak.
    i was confident , loud and happy go lucky kind of girl- until i got involved with a local , more conservative boy, who made me change, into a respectable lady for the society i live in, we were together for 6 years, as much as i changed and became shy to voice my opinions and i still havent entirely recovered- i got a phobia of what people thought- and how i was judged, when the relationship ended, i discovered how much of myself i had suppressed and closed off, just so i can fit into this society and gain respect of the others - i became one of them- which means less of me-
    there are limits which i should have followed and not become a total local- but those are other issues- any how
    i began to rediscover myself, it was like an enlightenment every now and then- though the inner me was inside, begging to come, i am loud, i love to laugh, im gooffy , make retarded jokes, a geek, and what ever else not-
    heres what u do
    stop caring of what people think,
    if what u do or say doesnt cause any trouble to anyone directly , then do it- why not? its a free world-sort to speak-
    what people think is non of ur business, even if its family and they disapprove, as long as u are ok with it, no one is being harmed...etc (u know the rules)
    we cant comply to rules created by others' ideas on how life should be lived like,
    Eistein: there are many angles to the truth-
    that being said, everyone has their view on things, while we can logically separate bullshit from potential possibilities... at the end of the day, life is too short to sit and wonder what will ''someone ''say or think of this- if they make fun- laugh with them, acknowledge that u are funny, or what u did was funny, accept there will always be haters- and its all good!
    love life! make it worth it, imagine if u keep sitting and worrying about it, somewhere in the distant future u will realize how many chance u had to be who u are but werent, all because of fear of what others thought? hell , dont do this to urself! dont be anything less than YOU!
    YOU is AWESOME!
    now go and start ur youtube channel and share the link so we can support ya :wink:

3. indiqo

I can't offer advice, but I can relate a lot to this. I feel like I've faded. I don't know what I want, who I am, what I like etc anymore.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

the youtube channel may be a way for you to start coming out of yourself. and along the way, you will discover who you really are. kind of like a butterfly emerging from the cocoon.

5. GageM

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Start a journal, and recount your day in it whenever you can, but write what you think the Real You would have said or done in it, not what "you" did. Channeling that feeling of being loud, outgoing, fun-loving, and expressive without having to immediately act on it may help you to realize when you suppress these feelings and may help to get you back into the mindset. Eventually you'll find yourself thinking what to write the moment it happens, and then, rather than writing it after the fact, you can do it!