1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will I ever find my dream guy?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GhostNeko, Dec 27, 2014.

1. GhostNeko

I always feel as if I will never get a perfect relationship. I just want to have that happiness that I believe everyone deserves, but will I get it? Yes, I know I'm young, but right now I'm questioning this. If anyone can help me with this, please. There have been guys I liked, but I don't know if it would work out, which is why I never even asked them out or anything. I've gotten to know them though. (I don't even know if they are gay/bisexual). Can someone help me with this? At all?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If possible, try not to go into trying to find someone with 'it will never work out,' or 'I will never get a perfect relationship,' because as soon as you do that the chances of something working out, are already diminishing. In some ways, it can already set you up for failure because part of you is already concentrating on the 'will never work,' 'it's not going to be perfect,' and the 'what ifs.'

Try to take a step back from a 'perfect relationship.' The first thing to recognize is that no relationship is going to be ever 'perfect.' Every relationship has its highs and lows. You will need to be able to learn from and with the other person, and vice versa. In other words, a relationship allows you to grow as a person, and the other person in the relationship has to grow as well (or with you). Going in with 'I want a relationship,' will help to lower expectations and will allow you to get to know someone far better.

First things first: try to build up the courage to ask someone out. Try to learn more about them so to understand what their sexual orientation is. Sometimes, it's easier to start out as friends, as it makes it easier to get to know someone.

3. GhostNeko

I've had past relationships, and they didn't work out, no matter what I tried. Most of them ended up me being cheated on.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your past relationships didn't work out. Could you tell me a little bit more about your past relationships? How did they start, or progress?

5. GhostNeko

They all started with my friends introducing me to someone, and as time progressed, I grew to love that person, and they-me. My first was a girl (This was back when I thought I liked women.) and she was amazing, sure it had its bumps, but after a while, like most of my relationships, the other would spend less time with me, and soon after that occurs, I'd find someone else with them. I had better luck with guys, my ex boyfriends were just too clingy, which to me is a huge imperfection. I just want to find someone who shares the same interests, can tell me their love in words, and isn't too clingy/obsessed, and can put up with my childish yet serious attitude.

6. Ryu

Ryu

I don't believe that there is such thing as a perfect relationship or couple. A good relationship (in my opinion) should have two people that stick together even through the roughest of times. I admit I am probably the worst person to ask for dating advkce (I freaking live of coffee and kendal mint cake in my bedroom), but yes, eventually, someone will come along. Probably.

7. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As others have said, the moment you start looking for the "perfect" relationship you have doomed yourself because there is no such thing as perfection. If they forget your one month anniversary, or they don't get along with one of your friends you'll find yourself thinking, "Ok, this isn't perfect so I should move on." I get what you mean about finding someone that is not clingy, I hate cling. Non-cling gays are out there.

Just don't go looking for "perfect"