1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for first date with a girl?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by binky, Dec 29, 2014.

1. binky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, so I came out a little over a year ago but there is not much of a gay scene where I'm from, so I've never had the opportunity to actually meet anybody. I was with a couple of guys years and years ago before I knew who I was but I've never actually been with a woman. I've recently met a woman online and we've been talking on the phone/texts for about 2 weeks now. I'm a little bit worried about telling her that I've never been with a girl before as I don't want her to think that I'm just curious or anything because I'm definitely not. She has been out since she was 16 and is very involved with the gay scene and nightlife but I'm not at all, I've never even been to a gay bar. We are due to meet up sometime this week but I'm a little bit worried on how to actually bring the subject up, and what I should say and whether it's even that important. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you :slight_smile:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    #2 jay777, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  3. theres isnt much gay scene in leeds like you say cuz whenevr im there its always 'meh' but just up the road manchesters gay scene is what everyone seems to rave about but alas ive always been to scared to go into certain clubs and just strolled along the canal instead haha. so you can meet people there? maybe even suggest her taking you out/introducing you to it? im sure if shes really involved in it then you can go to a pub along the gay village for a drink if going straight to a club/bar is a bit too scary. (thats if she is familiar with manchesters gay scene).

idk if my advice is any good but i wouldnt say anything to her if i were in your shoes unless things developed. i would establish if what you are doing as in meeting is a date or exactly just meeting up. i know youve put date in the title so i will assume you know for sure but, some poeple online get their wires crossed, cuz if the word date isnt used then alas some poeple dont think its a date (ive had that once, it threw me off haha then i didnt know if i should pay or what). so. just checking. also if you say so ive never been with a woman it could make her think youre jumping the gun and want to be with her having never been on a date and gotten to know her properly in person, or it could make her (possibly, not saying it will) think that she could just try to get you in her pants cuz youve 'never done it before' and want to see what its like. alas thats never cool. if i were you i wouldnt mention youve never been with a woman unless things develop.

but more than anything just be yourself and dont worry if silences occur. it happens, sometimes.

idk if any of this is any help cuz im tired but yeah hope it helps some what.

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not much of a gay scene in Leeds? I don't think you're trying hard enough. If you can't meet gay people here then your chances of meeting a gay person anywhere are virtually nonexistent. It's one of the largest cities in Europe, let alone the UK. There are loads of gay bars down Lower Briggate and the surrounding area.

Manchester is a lot bigger though - so by sheer virtue of its larger size will have a larger gay scene.

#4 imnotreallysure, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014