1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible to fill lack of love with an imagination?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Edmund, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Edmund

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm gay. 25 old.I'm not attractive to gay people. Ironically girls find me attractive - but i have no interest in them.
    I can't be # 2 . It is a humiliation, i will never accept that position. I have a fury and rage inside about my unattractiveness.
    I don't want to be part of gay community...if to be honest i don't want to be one of you....but i can't stop to be myself.

I want to love someone and to be loved. And i suffer from my loveless.is it possible to fill lack of love with an imagination? I want to disappear in my dream of love...but it looks a little bit morbid...

2. 25 is is way young.
    some poeple dont find anyone till they are 60 but even then thats young.
    theres still tons of time to find someone, and someoen will find you atrractive but to attract potential lovers i would suggest maybe talking to someone about feeling unnatractive. its not an attractive trait to have, and that maybe is what is stopping people from approaching you because you might give off negative energy. everyone thinks theyre unattractive at some point, but i would suggest reading a book about ways to improve self esteem or talking to someone about it and it sounds a little like you dont like your sexuality a bit maybe im not sure i might of read it wrong though. but yeah, ive replaced the lack of lovers in my life with imagination. i would hope that is normal haha. ive done it ever since i can rememebr just living in my own little world. you dont have to be a part of the gay community at all, you can just identify as whatever but you dont have to be in the 'scene' if you dont want to. as long as you have friends/some form of outside contact other than yourself you dont have to have a lover if you dont want to at all.

3. Edmund

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for your answer.
    I'm sure that i do know well of my appearance , how it affects people. I noticed that they have no interest to me as to potential lover, everybody loves to talk to me - but it's all. I learned how to impress people - but it needs some camouflage; suits, makeup, but it works on a distance, you can't take it to bed - i don't like to insult
    people. So, my successful experience with makeup and other stuffs is a demonstration that i know about my weak and strong sides.
    But without "armor" i look like a moth.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm afraid there's not a lot of advice to give. You can attempt to get to know some guys really well, and hope that the emotional connection eventually makes up for the lack of a physical one. (It DOES happen, and more often than one would think.) The drawback here is that it's just as hit-and-miss as the physical connections. And the physical connections can be acted upon right away - "I'd like to date him, but I don't have any interest in those three" - and if nothing happens, no big deal. But it can take years for the emotional connections to take hold, and there's no guarantee that they ever will. And frankly, hanging around somebody you want to date for a couple years hoping they'll decide to make a move can get more than a little depressing (and weird). I'd suggest putting yourself out in front of more gay guys - I've certainly found guys that are interested in me, even though I'm not exactly what you call "traditionally attractive" - but you've already made it clear you want no part of that.

You may be stuck with dating sites as a last resort. At least there you can make it very clear what you want and what you don't want, and don't have to waste any time with somebody who isn't going to return the affection. No guarantee that there will get much response, or that the responses will be from anybody you'd want anything to do with, but it's worth a shot.

Lex

5. Edmund

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you Lex
    Very reasonable answer - i very appreciate it.
    Ohh. In my vanity i'm a very vulnerable.
    I'm conceited and proud as Lucifer.
    I think my situation is a loop. I can't reach my aim. I chase it over and over again.
    Why i can't stop.
    If i know that i can't be what i'm longing to be why i can't stop to chase unattainable aim?