1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dealing with depression, anxiety and loneliness

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bioticvanguard, Dec 31, 2014.

1. bioticvanguard

Out Status:
    A few people
    hi! this might be jumpy, sorry!

so i deal with clinical depression and anxiety and it sucks. it's horrible. i feel so unmotivated and lonely most of the time, and i struggle with self-harm on the side. i have a therapist i see one or two times every week (she's great) but sometimes i feel so guilty because i feel like i'm wasting her time, along with my school counselor who knows. my relationship with my family is rough and sometimes i want to get away from them honestly.

i'm at a completely new school (i moved four times in the past year alone because i was in foster care and that really messed me up psychologically too) and i don't know anyone and i get even more depressed seeing people with their friends and just being happy. i feel like i'm not worth the time to be anyone's friend and that i'm too big of a psychological mess to handle having friends and socializing on a regular basis. add the pressure of school work, lgbtq+ issues, etc. etc.

in general, i'm just depressed, anxious and lonely most of the time and i feel like i'm going insane. i don't know if it's just normal to feel like because i'm a teenager or whatever else.

2. AsheTheHuman

Aww. (*hug*) You're definitely not wasting anybody's time. I know what that's all like. At the very least, you're trying, and that's a huge deal for people who struggle with depression. If you ever want to vent or talk, I'm open. Good luck~

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your therapist sounds great and if you can keep seeing her that would be a really good way to start 2015. But less of the guilt please! That is what she is paid for… in fact to eliminate the scope for guilt make the best use of your time with her. Really open up and explore things and ideas, go to sessions with things you want to talk about - especially those you mention in your post.

4. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People always say to me that its normal to be depressed when your a teenager when I tell them I struggled with it when I was a teenager. I always feel like biting their head off.

I wish I could give you some advice but I can't, the only advice I can give you is to be wary of other peoples advice! They usually mean well but a lot of the time they end up making you feel guilty for not trying harder or being more positive or any of that bullcrap.

I'm actually finding the best way I have right now for dealing with my depression is to repeat a mantra in my head when its going on. Something like "i give up" (ie I'm not going to struggle with feeling worthless or trying to be more positive I'm just going to accept myself as I am right now). Or the other mantra is just saying yes to any thoughts that come up about how much of a failure I am or how pointless my life is or how much of a freak i am.

also beware my advice too! you're the only one who knows the best way to cope with your own feelings.

#4 ctrl alt delete, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015