1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the feeling always mutual?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jirachi, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Jirachi

When someone have a crush, the common thing that everyone experience is being shy and awkward around them. Is this always the case though or do some people approach this situation differently? It's even more difficult when you're a closeted gay and you like a guy who you're not sure if they're gay/bi or not.

I'm in this situation right now where all the signs in the world that I could possibly think of that he likes me are showing (from intense staring to literally being there wherever I am) except from this one thing where here I am almost talking gibberish when he's having a conversation with me and him constantly correcting me and assuring me that he understood what I just said. During lessons, I could barely concentrate being aware that he's in the same room as me while he's managing fine.

This is not a question of whether he likes me or not cuz for all we know, the staring and stalking are merely coincidental and that he's not actually interested on me whatsoever. It's a question of whether everyone experience severe awkwardness and inability to speak when being around with someone they like or does it depend on the individual.

Oh god, this thread probably won't make sense but oh well. :bang:

2. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not everyone gets that way around crushes. I can usually be pretty confident and even flirtatious around my crushes. Especially if the other person is awkward and is making me think they return the feeling! So I wouldn't base anything on him not acting the same as you as far as being able to speak. :slight_smile:

3. Crunchy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would be interested to know people's answers to this also. I also talk gibberish!

4. Jirachi

Well, he's not really being flirtatious since the conversation would just be about normal stuff. One thing I could tell you though is he would look at me straight in the eyes while saying what he's trying to say. Sometimes, I look down because I get really intimidated. :icon_redf

5. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am able to speak but im very nervous, for example drinking all the time some drink- just to do something, or i leave the room every 10 min. if its some social event when that special person is... because im happy at that moment, nervous and moreover i want to enter the room and see that person again and again:slight_smile:

6. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's common to be self conscious in these situations but definitely not universal. Everyone is different. Myself, by the time I develop a crush I'm usually very comfortable with the guy already. It's people I have a hard time being around that make me nervous. His behavior around you is interesting. I think you should try and find out if he is gay.

7. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think its pretty normal to feel a little flustered around a crush. I'm dyslexic and it really shows when I'm talking to a crush and I'm nervous. I tend to invert the first letters of two words. like" how was lou'r yunch?" It's really embarrassing.

Everyone has a different personality and some are just more confident than others. As others have stated, it sounds like this guy is interested and maybe you are just shy because you are afraid of making a mistake. Maybe if you can find out if he is gay or not and into you you'll stop being so shy.

8. Lyana

Interesting thread.
    I tend to get crushes on people I am already (relatively) close to and comfortable with.
    I can't remember ever talking gibberish to a crush out of nerves. I do get nervous and I do feel awkward, but it's never crippling, and I kinda like the feeling, anyway.

9. Jirachi

Thanks for the reply guys, I really appreciate it. Very helpful.

As for finding out if he's gay, that would be extremely difficult because he does have a very strong male vibe to him apart from maybe his voice going high pitch when he attempts to constantly make us laugh in class. But then again, not all gay people are feminine.