1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Out There

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by waitwhat, Jan 2, 2015.

1. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Sup everybody!

I'm wicked confused about my sexuality and have been for at least a year now. It's highly frustrating, and I have discussed it with close friends, my parents, sister, and therapist. I feel like this topic is popping up in my mind more often now, and my therapist thinks that means that I'm "ready" to figure it out. She thinks that I need a wing person to help me out, and my one friend thinks I just need to go to a lesbian bar. I'm definitely not comfortable going to a lesbian considering I'm so unsure of who I am, but I agree with my therapist that now is the time to start figuring it all out. So pretty much what I'm asking is, how should I go about figuring it out? And, is there an easy way for someone with social anxiety to meet people?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well there is no really easy way for people with social anxiety to meet people but I'd say online is a good place to start.

I would say try and let yourself be gay for a few days, so let yourself look at girls (I don't mean you have to do it in a creepy way) but just notice the people around you. When you wake up in the morning say to yourself in gay or lesbian or however you want to put it and see how that feels. On EC perhaps you could change your orientation and see how that goes. Maybe you could find out if there are any LGBT groups in your area maybe if your friend went there with you it would be less daunting than a bar.