1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding closure when people just disappear

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Tardis221B, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Tardis221B

Nearly three years have passed, but I can't shake the feeling that there was a guy in my past who I should have dated. Even with the realization that I'm queer, I still can't move on.

Looking back I think its clear he liked me, and I even liked him a bit too. (one of the only guys I've ever seen in that light.) I met him freshman year of college and we got close, and I think there were few times he hinted he liked me. But before I realized any of this, he switched dorms second semester, and I rarely saw him after that. And then he disappeared without a word. I think he transferred or dropped out. He even deactivated his Facebook account. Secretly, I still hope I'll run into him on campus, even though that won't happen.

I never got closure. Part of me still feels like thats a relationship that needed to have happened but it didn't. I've tried googling him, his family will pop up, but there aren't any social media links of his that exist. I don't even have a picture.

The only thing I know is that he's still alive because of the lack of an obituary online.

How do you get over someone who you never dated, who you know that you should have, but they disappeared before you had the chance.