1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I let it go?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sapphire, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

I've been occasionally talking to this guy I like since November, and at first we really hit it off. When I drove home from school for Thanksgiving he even asked me if I made it home okay in the snow, which I thought was sweet and I really appreciated it. But out of nowhere, he kind of stopped hitting me up, and whenever I asked if he wanted to get some coffee with me he always had an excuse to not take me up on it, which doesn't make sense to me because the first (and only) date we went on he deliberately made room in his schedule just to talk to me. So, I gave up on asking him to hang out, but I still text him once in a while. I wished him a merry Christmas, and then a happy new year, he seemed happy to hear from me both times, but if he really wanted to talk to me he'd be, you know, trying to talk to me, right? Strangely though, he still likes my photos on facebook from time to time, but he won't text me... My friends say that I shouldn't give up hope, but I don't want to have to chase him, it doesn't feel right. I honestly think he's just not interested but he's too nice to say so, otherwise I really don't know what to make of this. Doesn't help that I have basically no experience with dating either, I'm hoping some day I'll feel more adjusted to this game.

2. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well do you know of anyone he maybe seeing?

3. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

Nah, but it's crossed my mind.

4. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These things are never written in stone, but it kind of sounds like you put all your eggs in one basket. Please note that I am not being mean and hope I don't come off as sounding mean.

One date does not equal a relationship, but still he should have said something if he didn't feel the spark there. Her should have at least said, "Hey, you're a really nice guy but not exactly what I'm looking for in a boyfriend." At least he isn't ignoring you but to some extent that might actually be hurting you. It is preventing you from moving on and maybe finding someone else who is more interested in you. He does kind of sound like the kind of guy who is trying to spare your feelings, but at the same time he is still hurting them by ignoring you.

I hope that he either man's up and says if he wants to continue this or lets the contact lapse so that you can recover.

5. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

No, not mean at all. It makes sense, I appreciate it. I won't hold him accountable for my feelings though, in any case I'm more disappointed than hurt. And I know we weren't an item by any means, I'm not that clueless haha but as you can see I'm still trying to figure out a lot about dating, it's very confusing for me because I never really got to date guys until now.

6. soulcatcher

Hopefully, this will help to make up your mind.[YOUTUBE]L0MK7qz13bU[/YOUTUBE]

7. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

Ugggghhhhh... Elsa's a terrible role model, she's so jaded and she thinks a man will bring her down. I might have to "let it go" but I'm no ice bitch lol

8. soulcatcher

It is understandable why you won't like that diva. She is a bit too saucy, isn't she?

9. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

Yeah lol There's something off about her nature after she decides to become a "bad bitch", she's like seductive almost, which is weird because "she don't need no man". Hmm... maybe she prefers the ladies, and since she's no longer under the watchful eyes of men, she feels free to unleash her sexual power? I feel a theory coming on lol I'm sure it's been said before though.