1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

****** or naw

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sly, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Sly

Sly

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey guys,

So I occasionally go on here for some help and just seeing whats going on, but I have decided to post something haha. So I've recently started using that app that starts with a t and have been matched with some pretty decent guys. But just today, I got matched with some guy who is pretttyyy hot, but not someone I would be desperate to go after, and I get a message.

I get anxiety really easily so these messages are just making me so nervous because I mean come on, you're getting messages from some random guy and you don't even know what they want lol. But yeah, I get a notification from this guy and the first thing he asks for is nudes. I am 100% sure hes not a bot, but I just had like a "o_o" moment because I am new to this stuff. I am probably overreacting but like yeah should I continue conversing? Do people usually start conversations with pics LOL :lol:

If you guys have any app starting with t experiences, I would definitely love to hear to them :lol:

P.S. If you were wondering, idk what I "define" myself as yet, so I'm very conserved about my whole personal life and am just hoping to get some insight hahahah

edit: woops didn't know you couldn't use that word :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

I recently re-downloaded the app too... already matched with someone who's sweet but extremely clingy, idk if I can deal. I think I'll just revert back to deleting it again, it's really not worth it. By the way, even if it's just for sex, I've only done that once on this app and it was the worst sex I've ever had. You know what? F*** it, I'm deleting it again. I hate this thing.

3. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't go on with this guy if he starts out asking for nude shots his only after a good fuck... If your looking for love/date i don't think this site is for you. But if you are looking for a good time... Remember always play it safe no matter how "happy" you guys get, Keep yourself tested, Talk about what you like and dont like. Best of luck!

4. Jared

Don't send them, if a guy mentions nudes right away, he just wants in your pants. Which granted is what lots of guys are after, though some apps are worse than others. If you're using the one I think you are, it's one of the better ones, the guys looking for hookups are less common there. Any of these dating apps are going to have people looking for hookups. I would put in your profile that you aren't looking for hookups, it will discourage most of the guys who aren't looking for friends or dates.

5. Sly

Sly

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sapphire thanks for sharing, looks like it didn't do you any good hahaha.

Hey Virgo and Jared, thanks for the advice. Yeah, that's what I was thinking, he just wants a hookup. He sent me his kik/snap but I'm like jk not into that so early in a conversation. He's probably not going to message back, but meh oh well back to reality

6. mangotree

I personally would never send a nude photo online. You never know where it might end up. Just google nude selfies and you'll see what I mean. There's tons of pages on a blogging site that also starts with T.

In addition to guys looking for hookups, some are also on there for the sole purpose of gaining "followers" on other sites.

I don't want to strike fear into you about some of the dodgyness that goes on in dark corners of the interwebs, but just something to consider.

I also re-tried that app recently, got a few matches, no messages/replies and one guy who declared "love at first sight". Deleted it after that and went and had a cold shower.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So one important question is what you're after. Pretty much without exception, all of the gay apps are simply hookups/meat markets. They're good for getting quick, meaningless sex and that's about it. If you're looking for an authentic relationship, the likelihood of finding it on one of those sites is really close to zero.

Now... if you're after a hookup, then you're in the right place. But just realize what that means. Often it's wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am and we're done. Little or no talking... and probably with someone that does this constantly. You're at much higher risk of STIs when you're frequenting a place with people who are sexually promiscuous than if you're in a place where people meet for coffee... go on a couple of dates... and have sex on the third or fourth date, because those people are less likely to be as promiscuous. (The risk is still there, which is why you always, always, always use condoms... but the risk is astronomical with promiscuous people on the hookup apps.)

So... know what you're after, if you are looking for hookups, be cautious, and play safe, and also be concerned about physical security. There are shady people everywhere, but you hear a lot more stories about things going really wrong (getting drugged or tied up and being the recipient of a gang-rape, for example) with people in the app culture than you do with people in the slower-paced dating culture.