1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pfft! Clear as daylight

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ruby Dragon, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Person A introduced me to one of his friends and I was a little disappointed to be honest. He's very shy and doesn't talk much. Pretty much like me. So we won't really hit it off because neither of us will talk much, or even take initiative to start a conversation or do something like hand holding (just a silly example).

I don't know. I told Person A that he can give his friend my number. I was hoping this guy would be more open if the pressure of talking face-to-face is taken away. Clearly not.

Person A keeps asking me if me and his friend are still chatting and I don't know what to tell him anymore. Maybe I should just be honest and tell him that we hardly ever talk, and when we do it's basically just "hello, how are you?" and that's it. Also, I've been put off of him when I saw how atrocious his spelling is. He misspells simple words, and it is really annoying. I know I'm not perfect, but really. SIMPLE words...

Person A told Person B that he hopes me and this friend of his get together.

Well, I'm not even sure this guy is interested in me romantically. I mean, if you're into someone then surely you'd make an effort to talk to them, at least once a day, right? That's not happening.

It doesn't bother me because I'm not interested in him romantically. He'd probably make a good friend, but that's as far as I'll go. I need someone who is the complete opposite of me. Someone with confidence, a bubbly personality. Opposites attract, as they say.

I just don't know what to do about this. How do I tell Person A that I don't want to date his friend?

Besides, I think he already found someone else. I just saw him posing with another woman on his IM profile pic. He's sitting down and she's standing behind him, her head resting on his and her arms around him. I don't think that that's what sisters would do but who knows? I don't even know if he HAS a sister. This is the second pic he's put up featuring her. I don't want to ask him about it because I'll look foolish. I'll just continue to assume it's more than a friend/not his sister.

I hardly know anything about him (And he hardly knows anything about me). I don't even know his last name. I know his first name, and know how old he is. Only because Person A told me.

So, how do I handle this? Do I just tell Person A that I don't think me and his friend are compatible, or what? I don't want to throw it back in his face. He was just trying to get us together. I just don't know how to go about this.

Whether or not Person A asks again, I'll just "friendzone" this guy.

I have way too many issues anyway, and I don't want to saddle anyone up with it.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well if you have a feeling you are really not compatible you could tell your friend it just didn't click...
    but that you remain friendly towards him...