1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bookaholic20, Jan 7, 2015.

1. bookaholic20

bookaholic20 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why is it so hard for me to keep online friends?Whenever I get close to someone they say that "They don't want to be friends anymore" or they just don't answer me ever again why can't I keep and trust anyone?

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

On line friendships can be hard to maintain. I hope that hasn't been your experience on EC. I find that people here tend to stick with me more. Though, they may get busy, or drop off, and then I won't hear from them. I think that it is most important to develop friendships in the real world too. That's not to say that they won't wander off as well, but it's easier to ask them what's going on. sometimes.

3. Englishlad

I find it very hard to keep online friends too.

4. White Knight

Okay let's take a moment and ask yourself that question... What would cause you to stop talking with an online friend?

From your own answers you can probably create solutions to this problem. Not that everyone is the same however at least it gives you a basic idea what not to do and what pushing people away.