1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightmares

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Najlen, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Najlen

One of my friends has nightmares every night where she dies and sometimes has to watch people she's close to get killed. She has been mentioning it more often lately so I think they're starting to get worse. Today, we were sitting in class and she was really reserved- normally she talks and jokes the whole time. I asked her what was wrong and she said that her nightmare wouldn't leave her alone- it was replaying in her head which I guess does't usually happen. Is there anything I can do to help her? I don't want her to have to feel like this.
    Advising her to talk to a therapist is not a good option, she is really stubborn and wouldn't cooperate even if her parents made her go. She has done that before.
    I appreciate your help, thanks.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She might try meditation, getting calm, seeing herself filled with white light.

She might take a walk in the sunshine (sunshine is supposed to create melatonin, which lifts the mood, and a bit of exercise might be healthy).

She might be filled with anger for some reason. Maybe she could let that go, concentrating on things that bring her joy.

And if that is not too far fetched, she might mentally ask a positive spiritual figure she likes (or an angel ... yes, many people believe in angels) to help her. That might subconsciously create a soothing effect.

You might talk to her about seeing a counselor... it might help her talking about a few things... but its up to her...

3. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Melatonin medication helps with sleep, but a consultation with a doctor is strongly advised before deciding to take it. Food habits are also connected to nightmares, such as eating sweets before bed, excessive amounts of food of other types.