1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving House and it scares me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Englishlad, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Englishlad

Hi everyone I will be moving house soon and the thought of it frightens me. I am not good with change. I have a lot of belongings and I will have to part with some items and the thought of doing that makes me panic. I hate having panic attacks.

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Moving house is probably one of the most stressful things you can do, even if you don't struggle with anxiety or panic attacks. It's not something I would relish the prospect of doing again either. How bad are the feelings, right now?

How did it come about that you will be moving? It doesn't sound like you have chosen to move.

You didn't say exactly when the move is taking place, but you can lessen the impact of the stressful feelings by organising well in advance. Pack early and pack well now, if you can. If you leave things until the last minute it will be more difficult for you.

3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

it's definitely normal to feel stressed out over a move. I've moved many many times, and I still find it stressful. but it always come down to just laying out a plan, and then taking it one step at a time. as far as parting with the stuff you cherish, if you are giving it to a worthy cause/organization, then you can at least take some solace in the fact that someone in need will be able to enjoy that special item that they would not have had if you hadn't parted with it. good luck with the move!