1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High School Work Experience

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by grapewhisperer, Jan 9, 2015.

1. grapewhisperer

Hi, so this year we have to do work experience with school in July, but I have no idea what job I want when I am older so I don't know where to go. I originally applied to work with an LGBT magazine in Liverpool, but was refused because of insurance. I am interested in maths and science, but because of inexperience I will be doing similar jobs anywhere I work, so that isn't very important. The furthest I am willing to travel is Liverpool. Anyone had good work experience in my area or have any suggestions? Thank you.

2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, you want to look at getting experience you can use across a large number of professions since you don't know what job you want yet. Working well with others is always a priority for any boss so I'd say get an office position somewhere. There are a lot of skilled math and science people but not all of them work collaboratively well in a group setting which is common in a business environment so having that experience on your resume should give you an advantage. I wonder if Eddie Izzard actually tried to put a sock in a toaster.

#2 Monraffe, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  3. grapewhisperer

Thank you, this is a great suggestion. :slight_smile:

4. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with Monraffe, inter-personal skills are key in pretty much any profession/job you might potentially pursue.