1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Dating worries.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by funnynate, Jan 9, 2015.

1. funnynate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Recently I have decided to set up an online dating account but I have some concerns about it as most of the people on it are really forward and it freaks me out abit and I never know how to reply to them.
    I was just wondering if you guys have any advice on how to calm me down and if you think its a good idea to go on these sites, it would be really appreciated :slight_smile:

2. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say there are no problems with going on those sites as long as you aren't sending a lot of personal information out about yourself. You should be cautious as you never really know who you are talking to.

3. FlamingPenguin

I had an online dating profile,but some of the messages I received were very forward and I also didn't know how to respond,so I did the logical thing for me. I responded to the ones that I knew how to and deleted the rest. You can decide if you want to talk to or continue talking to a person. Just remeber that.

4. PrairieRachel

I don't know, like they say nothing beats the real thing. I think like Flaming said above, use your intuition to seperate the wheat from the chaff! Best of luck. :slight_smile:

5. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's nothing wrong with ignoring a message you don't like or feel uncomfortable with. It's not like the person's in front of you.