1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling alone, it's so hard.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Laina0727, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Laina0727

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I recently wrote a thread about my life and my story. I got a lot of good advice from people. I was previously married to a guy, which was the biggest mistake of my life. It's was a horrible relationship, and eventually I got out and told him I wanted to be with women. Fast forward to over a year, and now I'm living in another state with my girlfriend. We've been together for about 5 months now, and Ive never been more in love. She means everything to me and I can honestly say I could see myself with her for ever. She knows my whole story, but we never talk about the married thing. I'm still in the process of getting a divorce. Even though she knows, and she still chose to be with me, I know it still bothers her. Which is why we never talk about it. And every time I do, she gets extremely awkward and then ends up changing the subject. My thing is, I want to be able to talk to her about everything. I want her to know how I'm feeling just like I want to know how she's feeling. I let her know that I was going to start seriously persuing the divorce process. She asked me, if since I'm still technically married if that meant I wouldn't be able to be remarried until the divorce was finalized. I said yes and her response was "well that sucks for you."...I don't know how to take her sometimes. I can't ever tell if her sarcasm is to cover up that the whole situation actually does bother her, or if she's just joking and it doesn't really bother her. I love her more than anything, and I never want to loose her. I just don't know what's the best way to handle the situation. It's so hard trying to prove myself, prove that just because I was with guys before doesnt mean I would ever go back. I wouldn't. It's all so complicated and sometimes I feel so alone because I feel like I'm constantly being judged for my past.

2. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You need to get her to sit down with you and tell her all of this. It may be hard, but it has to be done. There is just no way around it.

3. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like you two love each other..your partner just sounds uncomfortable with the whole situation and deals with it in her own way..just be patient your guys love is all that matters now ....one step at a time...good luck with everything (*hug*)