1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Coming Out

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rainbow Girl, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Rainbow Girl

I came out to my Dad today. And he was really accepting. And I knew he would be because we talked about gay rights and stuff all the time but for some reason I waited a really long time to tell him. But now that I've told him, I don't really want to talk about anything related to that at least for now with him. I'm actually kind of upset. I was the same way for the first few weeks when I came out to my Mom last spring but this time a little angrier because I feel like I shouldn't feel like this, especially not when I've done this before. I hate that I feel like this. I wonder if there's something wrong with me because I'm upset when I should be happy. I feel like I must be the only person to have such a great reaction from such accepting parents and be upset afterwards. And I feel guilty for feeling this way when so many don't have accepting parents. I just needed to get this off my chest. Any advice?

2. forestguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not out to my parents, but I would say just give it time. I'm sure it takes some time getting used to your parents knowing the thing that used to be your personal business.