1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a woman, and I don't want to have children...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MyLittleWorld, Jan 11, 2015.

1. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was a little bit younger, obviously I felt no pressure to get married and have kids. Now, I am 18, and I get a lot of bulls*it.

The biggest problem is that I don't want kids in the future, and I feel like a bad person for saying this. I mean, I see other girls my age seeing a cute baby and going all 'awwwww, soo cute!' , and I never feel that way, so sometimes I fake it, or they will think I am some kind of cold hearted bi*ch...

Is it wrong that I don't want to have kids? I'm so tired of pretending...

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No there is nothing wrong with no wanting to have children, women are not born with an innate sense to want to have children neither should society shame them for not wanting to have children

3. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am back and forth with whether I want to have kids. It is really confusing.

4. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never wanted to have kids. Some people find it odd, but there's nothing wrong with it. I got my tubes tied at age 26. The doctor tried to tell me it was a bad idea, but I managed to convince him I was certain. He said they usually wait until at least 30 years old, or after having kids. I never regretted it -- I'm in my 50s now.

5. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that, society shouldn't do that, but it does. And I don't know how to 'prove' myself that it's ok... ? it feels like an obligation to my parents, to give them grandchildren...

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It certainly is not wrong! That is certainly your own choice, and you have the right to choose that.

When I came out to my mom she said, "You can still adopt." She's always been very clear about the fact that she wants grandkids. She sure would be upset if I didn't want kids (and I do). I imagine she'd probably get really angry at me. I bet a lot of parents are like that, sadly...

7. iiimee

I do not want children. Because of this, people not knowing I am transgender have thought I was a lesbian. This is not the case. I have simply never found the idea of kids... Tempting. When I see a mother and her child, I admire them, but it doesn't mean I don't want to follow in their steps... Especially considering the fact even though I'm a trans male, I can technically have kids because of my lack of operations yet. Sure, if my partner wants to adopt kids, I'll consider it once we're at a good stage to do so. I care for children, but it seems like raising them wouldn't be fun for me... at all. I just hope if I ever end up adopting children I can be responsible enough to care for them.

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It is selfish to have kids if one doesn't want them because ten they can't get the right care they need. That's what these people don't seem to understand.

I never want kids :3

9. pennylane1988

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's nothing wrong with that! It's your choice and no one else's. I'm 26 and I'm sure I don't want to have kids in the future. My friends (who all are in their late 20's) are all crazy about babies and they don't get my lack of excitement when we see one. But it's not for me and I wish people understood that not all women want to have them.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Me too , I don't want babies like their cute and all I enjoy playing with them and holding them but it's different when it's your own .
    I don't want children

11. Romi

So I'm gonna start of by saying what everyone here has basically already said: Your body; your choice.

Contrary to popular belief, maternal instinct is not something built in to every single woman out there. A lot of people like to think it is, but it's not. There's nothing scientifically biological about wanting to be a mother. And you're going to get crap about it regardless of your age, marital status, etc. The fact that you have functioning ovaries means that you will always bear the burden of the offspring question. Even if you try to use the excuse of sexuality [Hey Mom, I'm a lesbian!] you will inevitably still hear the whole "but I can still have grandkids, right?"

The struggle is real. I've been there. No. Scratch that. I am STILL there. And will continue to be there until I either die or have a child. Welcome to the club.

Now putting that aside, I want to share a few wonderful links with you. Some are funny. Some informative. Yada yada blah blah...you get me.

Things Women Who Don't Want Kids Are Tired of Hearing

More Things Said Women Are Tired of Hearing

What If You Just Don’t Know If You Want Kids?

Now, this particular link I can relate to on so many levels. But that probably has more to do with my gender identity than anything else. I mean, everyone has their own reasons and they are all completely valid.

I also had so many other things I was going to say on this topic, but I got distracted by the babies I do have. You know, the furry four-legged ones. THOSE are all the babies I need. :grin: But if I remember or it becomes relevant or anyone bothers to ask...I'm sure I'll write out more on this. After all, it's a topic I feel in my bones.

12. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm male, so i don't have to decide about my body. However, i don't want to raise a kid. I simply don't like the idea, and i don't have enough patience to be a good father. There are people who like children more than me and can be better parents.

In resume, i simply don't want to be a father, i wouldn't be happy that way.

Peraphs i will change my mind one day, but for now, nah.

13. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, nothing wrong with it at all. I don't want kids either, but I'm a guy, and I know women and girls get a lot more shit than guys for not wanting kids...

But at the end of the day, it's your life, you get to decide what you want (or don't want) to do with it, and as long as your decisions don't negatively impact you or anyone else, absolutely no one has any right to judge you for your decisions.

14. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I don't want kids either. Too much responsibilty and money. You're perfectly fine. Not every woman has a biological clock, contrary to what society thinks.

15. Notlad

Nope. There's nothing wrong with that.

Never feel forced to give in to what society deems a normal life.

16. ANewDawn

I've never known another girl who didn't want to get married and have kids. I used to as well and realizing that I don't anymore was a big part of acknowledging that I'm a lesbian. Anyone telling me that as a woman I shud want kids is also telling me that as a woman I shud want a guys penis in me - it just isn't who I am and I'm equally unashamed of both. Maybe I'll feel differently if I find a woman I want to spend my life with, but it's not fair to bring kids into the world knowing you can't love them. A lot of gay kids have felt that way about there parents at some point, including myself, and it really sucks.

17. lucky516

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a solution. Don't have kids. Your a homosexual and you don't mind people judging you but you care about people judging you for not wanting kids. You are entitled to have kids if you want. You are also entitled to not have kids. Don't worry so much about what other people think and do what ever you think. You do you girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! power to you!

18. Riz

Riz

I've commented and wondered so much over this question because quite a lot of my friends definitely doesn't want children or are pretty sure. But people still bug them that they will change their mind, that they must hate kids if they say such things or that they're selfish.
    Who in their rightful mind gets a child just "because you're supposed to". THAT is selfish and there are already too many parents like that.

Stay strong, and stand up for yourselves.

But if you do want children, never let your gender or such in the way.

Personally I didn't want children because well, why would a man have children, or at least carry them? But when I thought I was pregnant once I totally changed my mind. And now (much later) have a cute son I love.

19. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

I used to believe I would want have kids and many of them. But then I realized that there's no way I would be up for that. I'm not going to list the reasons, but there are many. I felt bad too, because that is society's expectation, and hearing your loved ones freaking out when you tell them you don't want children, is really hard.
    But ultimately it's your life, not theirs. Sure, women have a hard time with this, because they are the traditional child-centered person in the traditional family. Just stand up for your decision.

20. Lazuri

You might want to have kids later, though there's nothing wrong with just never wanting too.