1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROBLEM after first date

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by wwhtxwd, Jan 11, 2015.

1. wwhtxwd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    so pretty much, met this guy on a dating site.

we chat and it went well so we exchanged phone number texted for 3 days. he is one year older and just moved from another place.

and I am nice looking i guess, and i work out. he's cute and nice person.

I barely go on a date cuz I am kinda afraid of catching feeling and getting hurt. but still I wanna a relationship TBH. and for him i did not check my dating site messages for 3days LOL...(i think he was still on)

So we met up on saturday. he's cute and a lil shy( I'm pretty shy too). and we talked about a lot stuff, movies, music, travel. it went pretty well. and he said we should do something, so we watched a movie. i held his hand during the movie. it was kinda sweet. did not make out cuz i sit too front LOL

and after the movie, we had some food and its dark and he has to go home, and he asked me when i'm always free and wanna hang again? I said yes of course cuz i really like this guy. he makes me feel pretty comfortable, no drama, a lot smile, shy.LOL

and i texted him right after i got into my car, and he texted back really quick.

and the night after i was curious and checked my dating site messages, and i saw he was online, that makes me a lil upset honestly LOL i know its only one date..

and today i texted him ask him lets hang again next saturday(I'm busy from monday to friday), he said sure. and all...and we chitchat a lil bit thru text..

now its gonna be a long week for me, cuz i know it was only one date and one week is pretty long, I'm worried his feeling for me could wear off..

and should I stop text ..like it makes me look desperate.

and do you think i add him on snap chat will be a good idea?

...and I really feel a lil upset he's still checking the dating site LOL i know i do too.

#1 wwhtxwd, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
  2. you arent offically a couple nor are you really even seeing each other. it was one date. i get that yes you could like this guy and i get being a little upset, but as you said it is just one date and if anything i think it could help you if you keep your options open as it seems he is. dont put all your eggs into one basket. just try to stay casual and see where things go without being 'i really like this guy' till you can sort of get a hint he likes you too. if nothing else you can gain a friend out of it.

i would lay off texting him too much because you can do this thing where you can talk and talk over text but then you can have nothing to say in person and youve said it all over text lol. maybe just text him once a day, or every other day depeding on what he texts you. if its an open question i.e. 'what are you thinking of this sat' then obv discuss what you would like to do, but i would lay off texting him too much it can come off as overbearing/smothering/off putting/clingy.

i think the more date you go on with people the more youll get used to not getting upset over someone still being online checking messages.

i wouldnt add him on snapcat unless he has offered for you too, i.e. said hey add me on snapchat rather than you asking for it.
    good luck for your date on sat

3. wwhtxwd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Thanks very much. This is really helpful!