1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where do meet potential mates?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ThirdEyeGaze, Jan 12, 2015.

1. ThirdEyeGaze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    for me i feel like the gym would be my optimal meeting place or just a random store i happen to see some one nice looking. but probably the gym.

what about YOU ?!?!

where do you meet people ?(*hug*)

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I think social groups or LGBT interest groups are some of the best places.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back when I was dating i met people everywhere: work, volunteering, book group, the beach, the grocery store, coffee houses, concerts--and actually lots of people at the gym (that was a favorite of mine). The one that took--and we've been together for 17 years--I met in a gay bar. What can I say? It's a classic.

4. online and out and about the gay 'places'.

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahh but where to find the "gay" places if you aren't into the club scene and you live in a rural area.

6. ah, not sure about your area. im totally not into the clubbing scene at all. but theres this long strip of clubs with cafes/pubs dotted about in between them so i go there. its not near me and i travel about 3-4 hours to get there but its worth it. (i realise that actually sounds super lame haha but i usually go down for a gig and end up those places of a night. theres none in my town at all i live in the middle of nowhere)

try and find some lgbt cafes/pubs! much quieter and nicer atmosphere i find and pub quizzes are good fun if its quiz night :slight_smile:

7. robotman

Alot of people meet each other on apps/dating sites, so I would say that is a good place to start. I want to meet people but I am still abit apprehensive about it all...

8. ANewDawn

I thought so too but when I went to my local lgbt center they didn't seem to understand why I was there or offer to introduce me to any groups or people.

9. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really meet potential mates. Sometimes I find them when I go to midnight releases at GameStop. I almost never see others at local metal shows. If they are, they are most likely closeted like me. My friends suggest gay bars like the local one in town, but I don't like bars. Or gay bars either. I hate the atmosphere.

But maybe a nerd like me can find someone at another GameStop midnight release or Comic-Con or Anime-Con. Who knows.

10. Sh1f73r

I always dream of going to a gay bar/straight bar