1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I start again?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yosia, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Yosia

I really do want to receive the qualification at the end of my college course, however, I believe that this half a year at college could not have gone more disastrous, and I am really far behind in my work, so far that it is starting to look hopeless infact, and the work I have handed in I have only just barely passed, and most of them had to be resubmitted for that pass anyway.

And along with the pressure of my mom telling me that I need to save up some money, I was thinking that maybe, I could drop my course and then find a job to earn money until September, in which I enrol on my course again and attempt to work harder than I did this time.

College is free until past 18 in my country so I would not have to pay for the course, so do you guys think this could work, as I don't think I can hang on with the stress of this year much longer. >.<

2. Really

Will the college re-admit you no problem if you take time off? You might want to check that. And if you're doing so poorly, maybe you need to find another program to enroll in? Is there a course counsellor who could advise you and help find something more suited to your aptitude and interests?

3. Yosia

I can't see why they would not re-admit me, as technically, I would be enrolling as a new student, even if I had been there before, and I understand that maybe choosing a different course could be the way forward, however I really want to do childcare as a career, so that's what I chose as my course. However I am starting to feel that maybe it isn't for me at all. >.<

4. Really

That's good they'll re-admit you. Is there anywhere you can do some career testing? They can be quite helpful. See what you are suited to. It may still be in childcare but some field of it you maybe hadn't considered.