1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merging two towns.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by The Aquarius, Jan 14, 2015.

1. The Aquarius

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently moved to a new city and I don't really know how to describe it but sometimes I feel like I haven't moved yet. I feel like I'm still in the city I was in before when I'm driving or I might even see someone who look like a person I knew.

I guess I'm just looking for advice to not do this because it keeps happening and it messes with my whole day.:bang:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could concentrate on something you connect with the new place...
    a place you like there, maybe a park...

Its funny but probably many people have experienced that they see somebody in a different place who reminds them of someone.

(*hug*)

#2 jay777, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  3. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

If it's any comfort, I still do this with several places I've lived. The effect wears off as time goes by and you get more experience in a place.

It is normal and natural, the brain is a big pattern matching machine, so if something is close to a previous pattern, your brain will associate the new thing with the old thing.