1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sad

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lear, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Lear

Sorry for being so whiny but I don't know how else to talk to.

Have you ever experienced the feeling that suddenly everything feels not quite right anymore and you start questionin basically every step you have ever taken? (this sounds more dramatic than I intended it to sound, sorry)
    I was happy a few weeks ago (really happy) and the circumstances haven't changed at all. I just can't stop my mind from overthinking every damn thing.
    It doesn't help that my boyfriend is so busy preparing for his upcoming exams that we don't see each other often at the moment. And I don't want to bother him with being whiny for no reason. I don't even know why I'm feeling like this. Sorry for being so annoying.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No you're not annoying. You're human! You miss your bf so your sad and u feel like things aren't the same but we can't keep living in the past we have to look forward. :slight_smile: have a great day (*hug*)

3. Priceless

Actually, I'm going through that right now. Right up until you say "It doesn't help that my boyfriend...", I'm in the same boat.

I'm questioning everything, I was really happy a few weeks ago and now I'm just... sad. And there's no other way to describe it. On top of that, nothing has changed for me either.

Would also like to see some more advice here.

4. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep, I think everyone's experienced it to some degree or other. I can be content and happy at some points before my mind, whether for a clear reason or not, just turns on me and takes me on a journey through the things it thinks is wrong about me. Like now, I guess. Overthinking sucks.

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It wasn't dramatic at all. It could be that you simply wonder where your relationship with this guy is going.
    Or... Just your mood : Because of the weather, because you've got not enough money, because you need more/better sleep... If you are missing someone, chances are high you'll feel sad anyways, but please read again my second sentence.

6. Lear

Thanks for listening! I always think I'm just whiny and complain for no reason, so I don't like talking about things that are bothering me.

Actually I wish I could talk to my boyfriend. Tell him about all the things that are going through my mind. But I'm too afraid of the consequences. That he might be disappointed in of, wouldn't want to be with me anymore... I don't know.

I'm feeling so weird. Like something's choking me from inside.

I've made negative experiences with telling people the truth. I consider myself a rather honest person in the way that I rarely lie or make things up. I feel like I have a lot of open secrets, though. Things that I don't keep quiet about on purpose but that simply never come up and that I don't talk about when no one asks. When I talk about these things most people either get upset or advice me to change something. I can never just talk about things to get them off my chest without wanting to change.

7. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should feel free to get anything off your chest here. We read posts like yours because we are interested in people like you and we care about you. So you aren't bothering us with your problems, that's why we are here.

You seem to have this awareness that it is not safe to be the real you. That's where the "choking from the inside" feeling would originate. It's from an effort to self-suppress a behavior that you think is bad. You may very well be justified in thinking certain behaviors of yours will have negative consequences if you express them but suppressing them is a very bad idea and almost never works. Don't supress, replace. Learn to identify when the bad behaviors are about to occur and execute a plan to replace them with good or at least neutral behaviors instead. You'll have a much better chance at success if you plan this out with a counselor. Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself!

8. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

I've had the same experience (numerous times) except for the part about your boyfriend haha. :lol:

9. Lear

Actually what I really want is to tell my boyfriend everything that's on my mind at the moment. The only problem is, I'm really afraid that he would get angry/upset or break up with me. :icon_sad: