1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having Trouble At School Being Trans

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CarlyGoesRawr, Jan 15, 2015.

1. CarlyGoesRawr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi I'm Carly and I've been on hormone treatment for 2 months and I want to come out at school. I'm really struggling the only people who take me seriously are my 2 close friends and my parents. I tried to tell other people and they laughed in my face. My Friends step dad starting calling me "It" and the rest of my family are telling me I'm going hell leaving just my friend Hailey and my cousin Nicole for support. Any ideas for things at school to go smoother? I really need advice or a friend right now.

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Are there any counselors at school you think it would be safe to go for help to? Or is there a GSA at your school?

3. CarlyGoesRawr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We don't have a gsa and I talk to my counselor alot when i have panic attacks about it. She does not know about lgbt stuff but i can sit in there and talk to her but thats about it.

4. lilrocket

I think these people who are mean and horrible to you about this, even those within your own family, I think it's important that you know that what they say and how they act has no reflection on you. It doesn't make you less than them, or a bad person, or anything. It really has nothing to do with you, and just has everything to do with their own ignorance and their own suffering and the pain in their lives that they have to take it out on someone else with cruelty.

What you're going through must be really hard, and difficult. I would think just being confident in who you are and open about it when it comes up, and owning it and not backing down from it, maybe rather than necessarily going out to inform people on who you are and come out in that sense, and staying close with Hailey and Nicole would be best, and with your counselor too. I know that's not great advice but I really hope things start going better soon