1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hinting that you like someone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CrazyAwkward, Jan 18, 2015.

1. CrazyAwkward

I'm curious: How have/do you personally let someone know you're interested in them without being really blunt or forward? I ask because there's a girl I haven't known for too long and we haven't spent a ton of time together, but I have a little crush on her. I don't know if she feels the same, but I'd like to at least hint that I like her, maybe get an idea of how she feels by how she reacts? I'll be seeing her again later this week so I'm looking for ideas. I know for sure that she's interested in women, if that bit of information makes it easier to answer the question.

2. Rainbows~Exist

Just be extra friendly with her. Get a good conversation going, laugh at her jokes, show her that you really enjoy hanging around with her. Just have a really good time! Also, to show her that you're interested you can 'touch her'. I don't mean it in a sexual way. Say she makes a joke about you just playfully laugh it off, say "Shut up" in a jokey way and softly slap/brush her with your hand on the arm or shoulder. Being flirtatious doesn't have to be sexual or promiscuous in any way. Just enjoy and ask if you can do it again some time and eventually she'll have some indication of you liking her. Good luck!

3. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Be yourself but show interest in her as a friend. Give her sincere compliments. Like Dr. Rohrschach said, go out of your way to touch her in a non sexual way and see if she responds by doing similar things.

Good luck and let us know how it goes! I love a good real life love story.

4. Lazuri

Whip your tits out.

No, but really, Rorschach pretty much nailed this one. If you can find a reason to lay your hand on top of hers and it results in lingering eye contact there's usually something there. Just remember to try to read her as much as you're sending out signals. You don't wanna drive blind.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  6. CrazyAwkward

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: I will keep all this in mind.

7. wasgij

My personal advice, don't ruin the moment. Just focus on enjoying some quality time together. Maybe suggest a girl's DVD night, or drinks after work, or something like that. If they say no, don't feel rejected. Negotiate instead. Don't give up.

8. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    yeah, I agree with @wasgij you could maybe just enjoy the moment and just ask her to hang out, just as friends? :slight_smile:

9. Azriel

Out Status:
    All but family
    Set up some nice time to hang out just you two. Honestly, when I asked my girlfriend to be so, I straight up told her how I felt and she happened to feel the same way, so I felt silly after being so scared. Personally, the other people here have nailed it... But another thing you could try is just tell her your feelings. Chances are, she feels the same way. :slight_smile:

10. CrazyAwkward

Thanks again for all the advice :slight_smile: We have hung out as friends a few times, but we live maybe a few hours apart so meeting up can be complicated. But I'll be seeing her again in the next day or so, so we'll see how that goes. At this point there's something telling me that she doesn't feel the same. Idk. Like, she's talked about how hard it is to find someone, so I don't know if that means she just sees me as a friend or if she's trying to give me an opening to say something. Or just making small talk, idk. Whatever the reasoning, I don't think I could just say how I'm feeling just yet. Unless she asked, I suppose. I'm bad at feelings. I know they're there, but they're hard to talk about, and it takes processing time before I know what to do with them. Idk, I'm weird like that. But I'll try to at least not be horribly awkward when I see her.