1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

teacher love

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by balz, Jan 20, 2015.

1. balz

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know why, but I've been falling in love for some of my female teachers.
    The first one was when i was in high school, i was 16 at the time and i totally loved her. For real, I've been in love with her for that whole year, then summer came (the saddest ever) and in the next year, she wasn't there anymore. It was very hard for me, and during that year I almost didn't though about anyone else other than her. And this year, now in the university, I think is happening again. I have this awesome, beautiful, nice teacher, and everytime she talks to me, its like woww the universe :grin::grin::grin:!! i don't know if this is love, but i know it is amazing, the way she looks at me, everything
    I'd just like to know if someone else has felt something like this for a teacher or a relatively older person (they are both between 27-30 years), and if you have any advice about what i should do, or why i feel this way?

2. Gen

Gen

Being attracted to instructors is very common. They are meant to peak our interests intellectually and sometimes they peak our interests physically or romantically as well. Especially, because the ones that you became interested in were still relatively young in the grand scheme of things.

The important thing is being able to make the distinction within our minds which attractions are acceptable to pursue and which attractions are better left as fantasies.

3. Gen

Gen

Being attracted to instructors is very common. They are meant to peak our interests intellectually and sometimes they peak our interests physically or romantically as well. Especially, because the ones that you became interested in were still relatively young in the grand scheme of things.

The important thing is being able to make the distinction within our minds which attractions are acceptable to pursue and which attractions are better left as fantasies.

4. balz

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, thanks for your answer, i appreciate :slight_smile: and there's nothing to worry about me pursuing this attractions, cause that's like impossible. I wish I had the courage to turn any kind of fantasies like this in real things, that's still really difficult for me. but I still think that the first one I talked about was not just an attraction, I think it was real love

5. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a crush on my physics instructor and ended up living with him for 7 years. My next relationship was an instructor as well, female, and my most recent crush was on a judge for the dog sport I do. One might say this is a pattern for me, lol.

6. balz

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Haha you're lucky! But how do you guys do it? How do you let them know you like them, even if you are not sure if they are lesbians (in my case)? and how can you make them look at you and seeing a person, not just one more student?

7. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I dont have personal experience with making something like this real but if u have an opportunity to talk to her outside of class, try to treat her as a friend (as it wouldnt be good to be absolutely blunt) and then when she knows you arent freak or something like this:slight_smile: try some hints about lgbt people (im sure there are some open gays in your environment) or lgbt politics and see how she reacts,
    she doesnt have to be gay to be respectful- but in this case you´d at least know that she wouldnt most probably react on your hints bad if she finds out what´s going on;
    if she wants to talk about those lgbt issues you can go on in conversation and you´ll see:icon_bigg

8. balz

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wish, that would be the dream! I really don't have any time outside class with her...even class is only one for every two weeks, so is really hard to get to know her better or something like that...i guess there's no way I can take this to the next level, I'd just like her to know what I feel, you know?I'd like her to feel that I like her...

9. gogreen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The first two, We used to do happy hour after class so I got to know them that way. I don't know if it would have been possible without that. With the sport judge I faced that issue; she sees loads of exhibitors every weekend and there was no way to get to know her. How many students in your class? Is it possible to ask to meet with her about an assignment? I've met with some profs for coffee or a milkshake to discuss the class. Outside of the office would be better and more intimate.

---------- Post added 21st Jan 2015 at 10:48 AM ----------

I should point out that I was an older student, like 29 when the first one happened...and, technically the profs were not to date students. Something to keep in mind as you see Gen's comments above. We kept it pretty cool until I was no longer in his class. In the 2nd case it was 10 years friends before we got together, and the judge, well it looks like that will not happen. So don't get too attached to the idea, but I figure it can't hurt to try!