1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crap! Someone help...!!!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Anonymous, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Anonymous

So for the past week I've been trying to get one of my friends to stop cutting, now I feel it... the urge to cut is coming back...

2. Seige

Is there anything I can do to help? Im not all that skilled with words, and im certainly not the brightest person, so Any advice I give might make it worse, but ifyou ever want to talk just messege me. I dont sleep much and Im homeschooled so Im always here if youd like to talk. Ive never cut, but ive felt the urge quite often, and I have experiance with it. Im here for you.

3. Aro

Aro

I know how it feels. Dreadful. I am so sorry that it's haunting you. What you can do to try to help prevent cutting is to alert someone you trust and who cares for you and if you can do it, hand over anything familiar that you have used in the past. The second thing I can recommend, while it doesn't give you the same relief, is to get a red marker in case you happen to lose your control. Draw on yourself instead of using something sharp. It sounds crazy, but psychologically, it works most of the time. It will get you through to the other side and then you'll be left with washing your arm off instead of pain.

I know it's not much and probably some common advice, but I hope it helps anyways. I am here to talk if you need to. :c

4. WillYouBeMyHero

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Talk to someone, someone close to you? i know it helped me, i mean they were upset I didnt come to them sooner, but at least i didnt hurt myself bad enough to need them for them to find out. Especially if its just urges, talk to some one [:

5. Anonymous

Luckily gone quickly though

6. Aro

Aro

Gone? As in, you don't feel like self-harming any more? If so, that is good news and I am happy to hear it. c:

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    #7 jay777, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  8. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is it like OCD urges? Maybe you could talk to a doctor? Stay safe I'll be praying for you.