1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the hell did I do!?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by redneck, Jan 26, 2015.

1. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure exactly which category this should be in so I'm putting it here.

I'm a Kinsey 5 and my best friend is female. We always joke, tease, and make snide comments to each other about hooking up. It's just fun and games because both of us think the idea of doing it is awkward.... Well we did! We went to the bar and both got really drunk. We took a cab back to my place (done this many times before) to sleep it off. Then I'm not sure what really happened but i wound up sleeping with her.

I'm afraid that I really screwed up. She is my best friend and I love her as a friend, but that's all. I don't know what came over us, but after the awkwardness of this morning (both sides) I'm afraid I may have damaged the friendship. Now I'm sitting here feeling stupid regretting doing it.

How could I have been so stupid especially since we both have guys that we are seeing?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, I'd recommend dropping the passive voice. "I got drunk and we wound up sleeping together" removes at least two levels of responsibility. Yeah, you were drunk. But at least one of you nudged forward towards having a sexual encounter, and the other (at the very least) let it move along. This sounds like a consensual thing. You both decided "what the hell" and had sex. You let the lower half of the body make some decisions for you...decisions that the upper half of the body is now regretting. It happens. But take responsibility. :slight_smile:

Next off, talk to her. By text if that's more comfortable. "We had sex last night. I won't say I regretted it necessarily, as it WAS enjoyable. But I'm worried that this is going to cause a major rift in our friendship. I want to talk to you to make sure we can still be friends like we've always been."

As far as your boyfriends are concerned, well, that's a whole 'nother post. :slight_smile:

Lex