1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future Plans

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do by the tome I'm 20 and finishing university, and I wanted to move to California. However, something tells me that the people are not as liberal as the law, even in places like Canada people seem to be very ignorant on the subject of homosexuality and...I just don't know. I also need to think about my career prospects, which are in the entertainment industry. Are there any progressive countries that possess this?

2. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

California, as in the state in the US? Most places in CA are very liberal. Hollywood is one of the more LGBT accepting places in this country. And of course, it is also one of our biggest entertainment business cities.

3. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most big western European cities are fairly liberal. Some are better than others, though. I expect the same thing to be true for the big North American cities.

The rule of thumb is that younger generations are more peaceful when it comes to lgbt issues than the older ones. The parts of France without muslim majority are also fairly liberal, as well as the Scandinavian countries, the big German cities, Switzerland, Austria, etc.

Still, even in those countries you need to understand that there are places, where people will act aggressively if they find you're an LGBT person.

4. thoughtbubble

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Depends on what part of California you go to. cities near LA (50 mile radius) are very liberal. I used to live there and i occasionally go visit there. There is a ton of openly gay people there.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe I'm not the best judge because I am more conservative than I imagine the UK is, but compared to my views at least, CA is super-super liberal, almost (if not) destructively so. If that's your only worry you should be fine. Culture-shock will be a much more immediate cause of stress. But there are plenty of lovely people there I'm sure. :grin:

6. Alive

I used to live in California. I actually plan on trying to go back to work in the arts/animation/advertisement industry. I want to go back because it is so liberal and accepting most of the time. Entertainment is huge there too. Of course there will be closed minded people anywhere but CA is a great place.