1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new job

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by treatmeright, Jan 28, 2015.

1. treatmeright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I resigned from my latest job in 2009. So I'm unemployed for five years now. Lately I feel I need to get out there and rediscover the world, I need to pump a new blood into my life. Finally I found a job. It's interesting job, I felt comfortable with the people and setup. They encourage self development and improvement by increase the payment and position. It's a perfect environment for me. I know that you sensed a but here! Yah, it's the salary starting so low it won't cover my going out expenses, but I said yes anyway.
    Do you think I'm crazy and I should've waited for better offer. Or I just put myself out there and find new potentials in my age. What are your opinions?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Money is not everything.
    If you like the team and the job, you could do it for a while and improve or change to somewhere else later.

I'd just ask carefully around if they keep what they promise.

hugs

3. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's good to have employment because employment gaps don't look good on resumes. I would say you did a great thing by accepting the job. It may require cutting back on the expenses that you can. There perhaps may be opportunities for raises, promotions, or even job offers elsewhere. It's good to keep your resume up-to-date.

4. treatmeright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'm heading there for the first day. I'm excited and feel like my first job back in the 90's :wink:
    I will be the oldest employee ever in that youthful place, no pressure!

5. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck to you! I will send positive vibes your way. You are going to be fantastic!

6. treatmeright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you sweetfemme , I feel blessed that after all this time I got the chance to prove myself again. My second day went well. I'm happy to be surrounded by women everyday 9 hours a day :wink: