1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She hates that I love her

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MerBear, Jan 28, 2015.

1. MerBear

My best friend Desiree is the girl im in love with. Ever since that incident between us happened, she just constantly shuts me out. Whenever I try to tell her a joke, she just ignores it and is like "whatever" ....she'll use any reason to avoid me. She's always short with me. She won't tell me how she feels anymore. Every time, I try to explain my feelings to her, she gets really mad at me and says I'm full of drama. And I don't know why.nshe was never like this before but now that she knows I'm in love with her, ...she just hates me...or something but she'll never leave me. She'll say how she is leaving and everything but she won't. Why is this happening?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. Aro

Aro

That is a hard question to answer. She might be afraid of what it means. What can change. Sometimes it's really difficult for people to accept and I am really sorry that you are going through that right now. Have you tried being up front and asking her why?

If she has said she is leaving and is not, then it must be difficult for her as well. If you've been best friends for some time, no matter what has happened, it will still hurt her too. You're a part of her life just like she is a part of yours. The best that you can do to get your answer is to be honest and talk with her about it.

Whatever you decide and whatever the situation brings, I hope it improves for you soon.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It might be worthwhile that you give yourselves a break from it all. It's clear that the incident has altered the friendship and from what you have described it sounds as if she is struggling with what ever happened.

It's okay if she decides not to tell you how she feels, or what's going through her mind at the moment. Give her the time to process it for herself first. I would suggest that you don't engage with her on that particular issue and that you give her some space. In fact, it will also give you some breathing room to asses as to where the friendship is heading or what is the best way for it to continue.

It might feel at the moment that her threats are empty threats, but I wouldn't bet money on the fact that she won't leave, because everyone has a breaking point.

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree with Mirko; you need to take a step back and give her space. Given that something pretty dramatic did occur that altered the friendship, it may, sadly be unrepairable. I know it sucks, but it will be okay.

There was a time when I dated my best friend, things did not work out, she still loved me, but I did not feel the same way. It made things extremely awkward and I avoided her because I was afraid that she'd try to put the moves on me and well, I felt bad rejecting her. So, that is the reason why I avoided her, plus I wanted to save the friendship. I guess she felt like I would change my mind, but it wasn't happening.

We have been friends on/off since we were 16, and now, things are great. That is why saving the friendship was so important to me because I love her so much as a friend. So, just give it time and I hope everything works out for you.

#5 pinklov3ly, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  6. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    im sorry this is happening to u..i kno it hurts like hell..i honestly dont know why things happen to us id like to think theres a purpose..i really dont know but neway i do kno what it feels like to love sumone who doesnt feel the same..atleast in ur case ur friends still with u..the girl i really really liked just cut me off completly..and honestly i have no idea why..read my post "i miss her" ...i guess im kindof going thru the same emotions but slightly different obviously..either way ur not alone..*hug*