1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he just secretly hate me?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jirachi, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Jirachi

Okay, so if anyone saw my last thread (which is actually quite a while ago) then this is the same guy I'm talking about who we will call by the name "Jake" who I actually really like.

These past few months, he seems to be secretly hating on me in a very indirect way, so it's not like him confronting me and doing hateful things. It's a really weird kind of hate. It's as if he wants to downgrade me all the time but without saying it directly. It's as if he's telling me that he's way better than me and that I will always be down there. Anyway he already is way better than me. He's way smarter and have way more friends than I have.

An example of this would be when our Maths teacher was saying how he has to spend his free time trying to teach low-sets Year 11's (which in USA I believe is equivalent to Sophomore) for their upcoming Maths exams. Jake then proceeds to say that there's no point teaching those kids as anyone who won't get an A or above in maths will never be able to do A-level Maths anyway (You do A-level in Junior and Senior year). There's 6 of us in class (Senior year) and everyone either got an A or an A* in their GCSE Maths except from me. Jake proceeds to say, did anyone here got a B?, And I said, I got a B, so everyone looked at me as I've been put on the spot. He then says "Yeah, Jirachi-(me-lol) is just an exception". It's weird because he already knew I had a B way back when we had to past this paper around where we have to put the grades we got in GCSE Maths. It's as if he's indirectly insulting me and pretending that he wasn't aware of it.

Another would be where we have to do these essay improvements for a specific subject which there's a lot of. He asked me if I've done all of them and I said No, I've only done a few. Apparently he had more or less finished them. I then asked him to not remind our teacher about this specific work that we had to do. Well, Guess what. It was almost the end of the lesson when he reminded our teacher about it. It's a good thing our teacher extended the deadline for me. I never really spoke to him about the case and probably would have if I did get into trouble for it. (yeh, I know it's my fault anyway XD)

There's actually a lot more but I don't wanna bore anyone.

I really like him and he had shown a ton of signs liking me back in the past and still do now. These additional indirect hateful acts is just showing up really recently. When we have conversation, it's pretty normal and he shows no hatred whatsoever. He just does them in such an indirect manner.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't get a chance to read your previous post, but from what you've said I wonder whether there is a chance that he's said and done these things by accident. It's no excuse, but people can be insensitive without realising it sometimes. When we have feelings for that person, it hurts all the more because it feels like a betrayal. Maybe he's just too caught up in his own grades and school work, that he's not taking time to think about how you might feel. As much as that would hurt, it's not a personal attack, just a lack of consideration.

3. hat123

I agree with Spartan 117. There's also the possibility that he wants you to do better in your school works because he knows you are capable (as shown in his comment that you are the exception). Good luck!

4. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A hypercritical attitude toward others is a leading sign of an inferiority complex. He may be highly capable and still feel inferior on the inside. It makes sense if you think about it. People who don't feel good about themselves have trouble feeling good about others also. They look for flaws and shortcomings of others to try to convince themselves that they good. If he truly felt good about himself he wouldn't need to point out how much better he is than you. He can't feel intelligent, attractive, competent, unless he is the most intelligent, most attractive, and most competent person around. Is he also sensitive to critism? That's another sign. Anyway, I think calling this hatred on his part is probably not correct especially since he likes you otherwise. This probably has more to do with how he feels about himself than how he feels about you.

5. Jirachi

Wow. Thanks guys for the reply! Really appreciate it. And yeah, y'all probably right. I just hate the fact that it's always me he had to downgrade just to make himself feel better.

Seriously, he's way above the standards already. When I'm sitting alone in the corner, he would sometimes go in the room with his friends to get all messy and loud and everything when I'm clearly doing work just to indirectly say that he has a lot of friends and that I'm a loner. I literally wanted to stand up and punch him on the face.

And he shouldn't have agreed when I asked him not to tell about the teacher about the homework if he will anyway. He literally replied with "yeah, don't worry I won't remind him about it". Like freaking seriously!

btw, thanks again guys.

6. Jirachi

Okay f**k it. He does hate me. This morning in lesson, he opened one of the blinds of the windows so the sun was hitting my face and eyes directly. I repetitively told him to shut the blinds and he just replied back teasing me and saying "haha. can you feel the heat?" I was like WTF?, so I asked him again to shut the blinds to emphasize that I'm not kidding around when I told him to shut it, but then he replied with "Well, it's nearly time to go, so you can quit complaining" (still didn't close it). Such a freaking douchebag. Never expected this from him like ever. He went for a direct attack this time. :tantrum: