1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to purge my feelings!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by jami13llp1993, Jan 30, 2015.

1. jami13llp1993

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok this isn't really a sexuality thing but it feeds in to it so... Yesterday I went out and got a dog collar to wear as a necklace (I thought it was cute and I've had a friend who had wore them before) I was all excited to wear it to work today and see what everyone thought and everyone thought it was cool but then my boss showed up and she said that I couldn't wear it and then compared it to a female worker I don't know wearing a submissive sex collar and everyone's all like what a freak you can do whatever you want at home but in public you should know better and I'm really offended because I didnt mean anything by it and I really like it and it's absolutely not a sex thing first I'm single and second I'm a virgin ( p.s I work at a craft store but I'm usually working before they open) I just feel like they missed the whole point in my head it's more goth then a sex object and it feels like they are saying I'm some kind of freak because I think it's cute

2. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Collars are associated with the BDSM community, so when people see the collar they assume you are acting sexual in public or being devious. I am not sure what your work's policy is wherever you are in the world however I may find another necklace. There are plenty of cool necklaces out there that have a similar style. It's weird I know...a dog collar I thought was more mainstream today but it depends where you live and work I guess. Have you explained to them that for you it wasn't meant to be a public expression of BDSM and it was just meant to be a fashion trend?