1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expressing my feelings....

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Robbie, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Robbie

Hello again!

So there's this problem that I can't express my real feelings towards other people... I don't know if it is because of the struggling over the years with my orientation or something else.... I have just built up a wall in myself to hide my emotions, and I can't break it through...

Dancing is my biggest passion in life, and when I finally found it, I was very glad.... but now I can't do it as good as I want to.... my trainer often says that my technique is emotionless, and I don't know what to do against it....

Is this a common problem? Or am I the only freak and weirdo here? :bang:

2. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You need to free yourself and be honest. Don't worry about pissing people off. People always get pissed off no matter what. Honesty gives you so much relief. It will free up your body, especially your torso. Just know that when you open up your chest and let out your honesty, you're more open to things that hurt. So you have to breathe and let the emotions go away. Don't hold onto them and pull them back into your body. You will feel amazing if you try just being totally honest for a weekend.

---------- Post added 31st Jan 2015 at 02:13 PM ----------

Sorry, I wanted to say more. You have to be aware that if you express feelings to people they might not reciprocate. I get it a lot. I piss people off and even though I like them, they don;t like me and I have to just move on. But it's okay, because theres tons of other people and you'l find your real friends that way

3. Robbie

Thanks for the advice, I'm very grateful for it.

4. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of people struggle with emotions, the roots of the problem though I am not sure where they could have come from. Have you tried mindfulness meditation? When I had trouble experiencing emotion my therapist would get me to do simple meditations. You can find some videos or articles online to teach you. It helps you be present and experience emotion.

I still have a wall up, but at one point I had built a fortress around me. Once you build a fortress around you it certainly keeps people out, however you end up trapping yourself in. You could break down the wall a bit, and let those in who have proved themselves worthy. As for dancing with emotion, try dancing alone if you can. Put on a song with lyrics that speak to you and let yourself go. Maybe in the future when you dance in the presence of others you will be able to tune others out and allow yourself to express emotion easier through dance. I think you have a wonderful creative outlet, use it! :slight_smile: