1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time To Forgive

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Jan 31, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

My Mother has been very nice to me as of late, and I wonder if it had something to do with what happened with my sisters (I'm the last of their children who doesn't ned caring for) or the support workers. She complained about me having them because she, and I quote "doesn't like being watched." Anyway, everytime she speaks to me, I can't help but feel this bitterness choke me and it's very hard to contain it a lot of the times, but I've never been spiteful to her. I thought the only way to get rid of it was to talk to my Mum about what she did, yet any previous attempts to do so have been in vain. I've had multiple conversations with her about her actions, one of which she dragged Naomi into who was not even present at the time of the crisis, which caused a rift between me and my sister. She has said in one of these spats that I spread lies about her and my father because I finally wanted to help myself by telling someone about my problems, made the situation about her by saying it felt like she was lying to her husband (which I accept, but there is a time and a place for things, something my counsellor has said needed to be eventually), and even accused me of calling her untrustworthy for only telling him after a year. As I said, my counsellor said I would have had to tell him eventually. I understand this, but what my Mum did doesn'( sit right with me. Needless to say, there's no point me and my Mum having another conversation about this alone, maybe my support worker needs to come in. How do I let go?