1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gave in to self harm

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mischief, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I made an anonymous thread about urges to self harm and how to counter them. Last night in a fiery rage after an argument with my parents I gave in to self harming. I feel like I should tell them, but I don't want them to cause a fuss about it. I also feel as though it'll just be another thing for them to worry about and I don't want to do that to them any more than I have.

2. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

It is something they need to know, and they should make a fuss over it. It's there job to worry about you. Talk to them about what happened, and why, and how you all can avoid this happening again. What was the argument about if I might ask?

I just found out my now ex-roommate was cutting as recently as the 18th, and he totally concealed it. If his parents or I had known, his probation hearing would have gone differently. Ugh, he really hurt me.

Don't hurt that beautiful self you have going.

3. David21201

I'd tell them....just like i need to tell mine... message me if you need to talk to me okay?

4. Mischief

Mischief Guest

@kindy14: I was talking to my mum about my gender and as usual it became very emotional. She was slightly drunk at the time so that basically made her a ticking time bomb for mass rage, she screamed and shit then said something about hating havingg teenagers. Life.

@Rubix413: Thanks so much, I'll be sure to message you when I can. (*hug*)

5. Sh1f73r

Bro, hurting yourself only makes things worse. You only get worse even more! Try writing your feelings on a paper or typing them. Then throw/delete what you write or typed.

This is a good website for those feelings:
    the thoughts room

6. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Oh, I so want to give you a hug. I've had thoughts about my 15yo like that before. It's not because I love him any less, it's just tougher now that he's going through puberty. More issues to deal with, moodiness, and a whole host of common issues. I don't think I've ever said anything out loud.

Teenagers in general can be very frustrating to deal with. Try to steer clear when alcohol is around. Stay strong, you are loved.(*hug*)

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sounds like a thing that's been going on for awhile. I highly recommend seeking professional help on this.

Please do know I'm not trying to criticize you. I also have a long history of self-harm, and it's only just been a few months ago that I've started to get any sort of help on this, and let me tell you, it's worked very well so far. I know how much you just want to try and stop it all by yourself, and even though so many people will tell you "Just grow up" or "why can't you just be happy", that's not how this stops, at all. In fact, I've been told by everybody who knows an inkling about the science behind it that thinking like that will do more mental harm, so please do seek help from those trained to do so. I'll be a listening ear as well, but whether or not I'll be able to help will really depend on the situation.

8. Mischief

Mischief Guest

@Ryuichi: I've been visiting a psychologist for one and a half years, but we've decided to go on a holiday and visit eachother less due to thinking I was getting better.

@everyone else: Thanks guys for the support, they know now anyway, I didn't even have to say anything. Greeeeaaaatttt.

9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, well I think it's obvious to both of us that what you tried isn't working. And if not, then there's my 2 cents. I think you know the next step :slight_smile:

10. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Yeah, doesn't seem as though anything works very well for me xD

11. Justinian20

I'm so sad for you Mischief, you deserve a big hug senpai. (hugs and holds close). Just message me if you wanna talk senpai.

#11 Justinian20, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  12. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I will make sure to do so. :3 (*hug*)