1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too young?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LittleGecko, Feb 1, 2015.

1. LittleGecko

LittleGecko Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello! I'm new! I'm 13. Yesterday I came out to one of my friends, and she said I'm too young to know if I'm gay. I asked her if she's too young to know she's straight, and she said that's different. I've known I was a lesbian since I was nine or ten, and have been attracted to girls for longer. Am I really too young to know if I'm gay?:help: If a 13 year old BOY says "I like girls," no one questions him.
    Thanks for any advice/opinions.

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2015 at 08:19 AM ----------

Also, I just wanted to ask how old you were when you found out.

2. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You are not to young! I knew since I was very young, and now I am 22 and I still like girls! You are ahead of the game, dont let someone elses opinion alter what you know to be true about yourself. Love who you are and be happy!

3. LittleGecko

LittleGecko Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you bazinga!(*hug*)

4. David21201

not too young trust me. imwas like 8 when i knew

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LittleGecko Hey....Welclome to EC.. OK, too young...let's see. You can be too young to know if you can be a pro basketball player because you haven't had enough time to see if you will have the skills. What else...ah you could be too young to choose to be a brilliant mathematician because again, you don't know if you'll be able to develop the skills and knowledge. But too young to choose to like either boys or girls....where is the skill in that? That is an individual choice each person makes for their own reasons. There's something down inside us that says I like....and often fills in the blank without our knowledge and sometimes even without our consent. I don't think most people plan to be straight, they just are. They didn't think about it or plan it, it just simply happens. Well I think that works for everybody, it just that the answers aren't always the same. Ok, again Welcome to EC and have a great time. ....David

6. LittleGecko

LittleGecko Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for responding everyone!

7. Images and Words

bottom line, you can't really be too young to decide who you like. Despite only knowing I was pan since December of this year (and only thinking I was bi since around June of 2013) I have almost always felt more attracted to guys than girls.
    You can't be too young to decide who you like.
    Hope this helped :slight_smile:

8. choirsmash

Well, I didn't know until recently. I'm 17..still don't know for sure but thinking back on it everything makes sense, I always have lied about crushes on boys. Every time someone asks me, I lie. So I guess I knew on some level, but it didn't really come into my mind until now. You're not too young, though. Give her some time to accept you and if she doesn't, she was never really your friend anyway. Good luck!

9. ZestyLion

You're definitely not too young. I knew I was gay when I was like 7 or 8, and I knew something was up long before then.

10. LittleGecko

LittleGecko Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you! She was raised in a very religious, homophobic family, so although she tries to be accepting and open minded, sometimes she says things that come across as mean.