1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have no friends

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Fugs, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not in a literal sense but physically no friends, nobody to play games with or go to places. I've tried asking my social worker for help but she's been less than useful. Other than bars and the library idk where to go, and i don't think either of those places are a good idea. At least when i was in school i was always around people my age. Idk where to go or what to do to find friends but sitting alone at home all the time is really hard. Any suggestions?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What are areas of interest do you have? Comic Books, video games, movies etc?

Perhaps finding venues that specialize in areas that you are interested in will help. Bars and libraries aren't the best place to meet people. People at bars mostly aren't interested in that kind of socializing and people at libraries usually don't want to socialize either.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes at libraries they have interest groups. It may be worth seeing if you are interested in any of those. They are usually more social, so that would work more in your favor.

5. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try heading out to a music show. There must be a music scene where you are. Go see a band. Some people, don't talk much during shows or even between sets, but there is usally people there who would just rather bullshit with people than listen to the bands. Comic book stores are usually a great place to start as well. And if you play online video games... chances are you might be able to exchange Xbox gamertags/ PS3 usernames or whatever could be the case. Sometimes, being spontaneous and striking up a conversation of interests with random people with the same interests is a great way to do so.

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if it helps, I only have one good friend whom I've known since high school. It seems like, once I finished high school then college, I found it difficult to connect with other people. Foremost, because I feel so different that I feel like, no one gets me nor do they find the sense in my humor.

I am currently working with a group of pretty awesome people, but there's this one girl who talks endlessly about religion and it makes me uncomfortable.

So, yeah I don't have any suggestions sadly, just know that you're not alone. It's hard meeting people especially when you get older. But, I guess I'm lucky because I have such a huge family, and I see them like, everyday. Although, I will admit that I miss interacting with new people.

There's gotta be some sort of groups, book clubs, LGBT gatherings etc in your area that you could check it. And if you're a little hesitant to go alone, invite someone close to you like, your siblings and or cousins.

#6 pinklov3ly, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  7. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you work? If so you can try talking to people there and of you guys become close enough see if they can hang out. If you have a dog you could always try taking him to the dog park or even to a regular park and usually people will stop you or start. A convo by that

8. JT7314

I'm in the same boat you are Fugs