1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MonteGuy92, Feb 3, 2015.

1. MonteGuy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey everyone. I hope you all are doing well. I just want to say I love you all and I want to thank you for the support you have already given me. I will apologize in advance as this will probably be long and all over the place. I guess I will give you a little background on my situation. I grew up with a very conservative christian family. They are very dedicated to the bible and believe everything it says. I however have never felt the same. I realized I was gay in high school and it took me up until about now to fully accept myself. Now that I have accepted myself I think it is time for me to start dating. I have been alone for so long. I actually did tell my moms youngest sister I was gay and she took it ok but told me she is worried about my soul and if I act on my desires I will go to hell. She thinks that god can heal me. I told her he cannot and I will not go thorough life being who I am not. She wants me to meet with her church pastor. I think it is only a matter of time until the rest of my family finds out. They are already demanding my aunt tell them what I talked to her about. My mom told me if I was gay it would send her to the mental hospital and my dad would beat me up and disown me. Lovely christian family aren't they? They have no idea how much pain and stress they have caused me. I have panic attacks, my hair is falling out, and my chest constantly feels extremely tight. My family is literally killing me. I don't want to tell them because I am stupid and still care about them. My dad is loosing his job and my mom has been a basket case over that and the fact she is going through the change of life. My aunt told me my family is being attacked by the devil and we all just need to pray. I can't believe how crazy they are. They have all said horrible things about gay people. My mom says they should be shot in the head. I honestly don't know where to go from here. Thank god I don't live with them anymore. I did manage to save up enough money to buy a condo in the next town over from them. I was basically forced into adulthood by how hateful they are. So now I live alone in my condo which is nice in a way but extremely lonely. I guess I am just looking for some advice and kind words. I think I need to tell them but I cannot do it in person as I would fear for my safety. I am also worried because my car is in my dads name for cheaper insurance and I have asked several times for them to sign it over since I paid for the car and they won't. I have no doubt that they would take it. They are so controlling and hateful. I do have a support system at work and they are amazing but my aunt said to stay away from anyone who supports me because they are just telling me what I want to hear and it's the devil. What the hell? This whole situation has me hating religion and everything about it. Anyway, I just need some advice about where to go from here.

2. Poster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I like religion, but that's where it gets silly.

I'm really sorry that you're in this situation, and I would advise you not to do anything unless you are ready for the worst. Best of luck, genuinely.