1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about gifts

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CrazyAwkward, Feb 3, 2015.

1. CrazyAwkward

I'm not an impulsive person. And yet I bought a gift for someone on impulse that I'm not sure I should give. It's nothing major, just something that made me think of her when I saw it. Now I'm thinking maybe the timing wouldn't be right.

On one hand, I know she's been feeling down about being single on valentine's day so I figured it might be a way to help cheer her up even if it's just a little bit. On the other hand, if her interest in me is only platonic I wouldn't want the timing of it to make her feel awkward when it's just intended as a friendly gesture, really. Like, I just don't want her to feel so sad and stuff. Not that material items can fix these things, but the thought behind them can help a little.

I won't actually be seeing her on valentine's day. Maybe a little before or after. So maybe it wouldn't be so weird? Or maybe I should wait for another time. Or maybe I'm over thinking this and I should try to be more impulsive in general? I've really liked getting to know her as a person and I just don't want to do anything that might make her uncomfortable or hesitant about talking to me or hanging out. So anyway, to get to the point: What would you think if someone gave you a "I saw this and thought of you" type gift around this holiday?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would like it if it was given with a few words like I found this and thought it might cheer you up a bit :slight_smile:

3. Really

What if you bought something similar for yourself and presented the two things and say something like, "Look what I got for us!"

It will still be a nice gesture that you thought of her but the "weird factor" will be minimized because you included yourself when you bought the gifts.

Yes?