1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl with a boyfriend flirting with me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TENNYSON, Feb 3, 2015.

1. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I have a friend, I'll call her Angela. Angela and I have been friends for a while and it's no secret we have a lot in common. She definitely has always liked me (as a friend) and likes to hug me whenever we hang out and stuff like that...I Facebook chat with her and text her a lot and have for a while.

But now, it's obvious that Angela is flirting with me. It started out with things like saying that we'd make a good couple. But she even told that to one of her friends. She says that her boyfriend even knows that she has a "little crush" on me. And I haven't been helping because I respond to all this stuff and even agreed that we'd make a good couple (because I didn't want her to know I'm not exactly straight).

But now, she's taken it even further and it's not a "little crush" by any means. Today Angela said, "if I were single I'd totally do you". I don't mean to share something she wrote to me in private, but like...it's going too far and I don't know what to do now. Angela's a great friend and I don't want to lose her, but now I feel like...I don't know...her boyfriend's going to beat me up? She's going to tell someone about what we've talked about? I've been making things worse by going along with the flirting at first? I even told her that I think I'm asexual and she didn't seem to believe me.

So what exactly should I do in this situation? Anyone been in a similar situation?

Sorry about this stupid teen drama. But I don't want anyone "in real life" knowing about this yet, so I'm asking here.

2. Seige

I was in a very similar situation juat recently. I handled it by telling her that the relationship between her and her partner was more important than having a romantic relationship with me.
    Just dont flirt with her anymore. Of she breaks uo with him then go ahead, but dont make things harder on both of you by flirting. If she flirts with you, maybe just casually bring up her boyfriend so ahe knows your uncomfortable with it? Not sure if I really answered your question, sorry if I didnt.

3. anja26

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hate when people do that. I agree what Seige had to say, maybe what I would add is even if she breaks up with her boyfriend, you don't want a girl like that.

4. Seige

Oh yeah, sorry. The only reason I stipulated that I would continue that with her if she did end up ever breaking up with her partner. (Like, as long as she wasnt breaking up with them to be with me) is because I feel id at least be willing to try an "open" relationship, as long as it was all above board and open, so having her flirt with other people while she was with my probably wouldnt bother me. If being with someone like that wouldnt be ok with you then yeah, just break off any romantic talks with her at all. IMO.

5. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys.

Yeah I know I need to let her know that I'm uncomfortable with it and stop going along with it, because then she's just going to keep thinking it's okay. I also agree that if she broke up with her boyfriend, I don't think that would be a very good sign =\